Mike brown whippets?

Hows it going.

Sorry, have joined a while now, just posting now.

I was thinking of getting a whippet soon.

I heard a lot of good things about mike brown bred whippets.

Been reading a few topics on here about them.

For all the people who have them, what are they like?

Do they make good lampers, will they be hardy enough?

Can i see some pics of all your mike brown bred whippets please as well.

Cheers. :thumbs:

John.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

Hows it going.

Sorry, have joined a while now, just posting now.

I was thinking of getting a whippet soon.

I heard a lot of good things about mike brown bred whippets.

Been reading a few topics on here about them.

For all the people who have them, what are they like?

Do they make good lampers, will they be hardy enough?

Can i see some pics of all your mike brown bred whippets please as well.

Cheers. :thumbs:

John.

good strong dogs at fare prices,depends what land you run them on,my mate had a mike brown bitch that got killed last year in a lamping accident,was a shame because she was a cracking rabbiting bitch,herd a lot of good things,he also has another whippet local bread which is just a scrawny pile of shit,catches few bunnys on lamp but it just ended up with its feet in ribbens after 5 or 6 runs so now its just a pet on the setee and he gets out with the better stuff,theres a lot of good whippets out there bred by lads for there own use but theres also a lot of shite aswell and wading through the crap to find the best litters woant always be easy....with mikes dogs you know what your going to get.hope this helps,atvb

good strong dogs at fare prices,depends what land you run them on,my mate had a mike brown bitch that got killed last year in a lamping accident,was a shame because she was a cracking rabbiting bitch,herd a lot of good things,he also has another whippet local bread which is just a scrawny pile of shit,catches few bunnys on lamp but it just ended up with its feet in ribbens after 5 or 6 runs so now its just a pet on the setee and he gets out with the better stuff,theres a lot of good whippets out there bred by lads for there own use but theres also a lot of shite aswell and wading through the crap to find the best litters woant always be easy....with mikes dogs you know what your going to get.hope this helps,atvb

i heard the same, that he breeds good stuff :thumbs:

Spot on... :thumbs:

http://www.mikeswhippets.com/

Give Mike a ring in the above link, he is meant to be a sound man and has some top working whippets. :thumbs:

2nd line Meg and 3rd line Molly click on the both and compare :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

He might have thought no one would notice :whistling: . My mate rang him when he was after a pup a few months back and he wouldnt talk about the pups until my mate sent him a tenner first

guy is a decent sort till ye start asking gritty questions lol then he dont wanna know

his whippets are suitable for part timers, newbies to the dog game, young lads or guys that hunt nowt but bunnys

if its a lamp dog you after id personally go for summat a tad bigger an more purpose bred :thumbs:

Not a fan of most of his line although seen one or two on here worth kennel space agree they do the job but most lines do as well as a whippet can be expected if everyone in the working world buys there dogs from mike at what stage will people realise they need to use other lines as outcrosses for obvious reasons i cant be jeared getting into a debate fact is his dogs are proven to throw capable working dogs but as i have said anyone else on here with one from other lines will agree they are all capable of catching. As for throwing a yapper any dog can throw a pup that yapps it faf all to do with the bloody breeding its over excitement and a fault in the rearing of the pup not a hereditary fault yes a yapper can throw a yapper but yes so can a line of dogs that never make a peep if a clown enters it to early on impossible runs.

If you want a whippet for the sole purpose of work buy whatever is available close to you that you can see parents of do a little i would only worry about specific lines if i wanted something open class or crufts suitable then select proven producers but even a crufts ch will throw a pup capable of rabbits !

Absolutely correct, you will get good and bad in every line of dogs, try and see the parents working, and never rush the pups when you get one, becouse a lot of pups are ruined by being started to soon,then the owner says the dog is sh-t, its not the dog who is sh-t its the owner.

guy is a decent sort till ye start asking gritty questions lol then he dont wanna know

his whippets are suitable for part timers, newbies to the dog game, young lads or guys that hunt nowt but bunnys

if its a lamp dog you after id personally go for summat a tad bigger an more purpose bred :thumbs:

:laugh:

cheers for all your answers. :thumbs:

I have since heard he has some very good working whippets.

I will be contacting him.

I think too many people seem to run him down for no need, only thing i can think of, is the green eyed monster. :hmm:

As he seems very sucsessfull in breeding good strong working whippets.