Pop gutting

Hi All,just been mooching round the "living off the land" section and come across a vid put up by Robin,which involves gutting by popping all the crap out of its ring. Looks well quick and easy. Just wondering if it as sterile as doing it the old school way,with a knife. I wouldnt want to eat a bunny ive just smeared turd all round its insides,know what I mean.

popping is ok if you go out without a knife or only have a couple, but unless done properly, then yes, you pop the stomach and meat gets tainted, heres a good way if you have alot to do, me and pat could do around fifty rabbits in 10-15 minutes, one person nicks and opens, the other throws the insides out,

all done by pat in this video, as Im holding the camera.

popping is ok if you go out without a knife or only have a couple, but unless done properly, then yes, you pop the stomach and meat gets tainted, heres a good way if you have alot to do, me and pat could do around fifty rabbits in 10-15 minutes, one person nicks and opens, the other throws the insides out,

fek me thats fast :notworthy:

do you cut in to the guts that way?

Guest crobinc840

I tried the pop gutting twice now and it's quicker and easier to just use a knife. Too bad it looked like a good idea not to mention I was afraid it would burst inside. That guy in the vid must have done it an awful lot to do it so well.

no, stand on rabbits front legs, pull stomach fur tight, nick the skin with the knife, just making a small hole on rib cage, that way you cant get anywhere near stomach, insert first finger into hole and pull away from front of rabbit, all its doing is ripping off the belly skin, then simply a finger either side of stomach and pull down and away,

gets easier with practise,

no, stand on rabbits front legs, pull stomach fur tight, nick the skin with the knife, just making a small hole on rib cage, that way you cant get anywhere near stomach, insert first finger into hole and pull away from front of rabbit, all its doing is ripping off the belly skin, then simply a finger either side of stomach and pull down and away,

gets easier with practise,

cheers stubby :thumbs:

Guest crobinc840

That is fast, I was thinking about using a knife to start the first cut the a safty blade to unzip the rabbit. I have a blade already so it won't cost me anything. What do you think?

blademaster-safety-cutter-guarded-blade-tape-slitter-5-per-pack--141-p.jpg

That is fast, I was thinking about using a knife to start the first cut the a safty blade to unzip the rabbit. I have a blade already so it won't cost me anything. What do you think?

blademaster-safety-cutter-guarded-blade-tape-slitter-5-per-pack--141-p.jpg

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: you really dont do anything hunting related sorry to be negative but for feck sake Edited by steel

Cheers Stubby. Thats fast mate,seen it just after I posted this. Found your reply to the same question on pigeon watch,I think. Just stick to the trusty No7 then-and sliced tips. Slow learning ninja springs to mind..