hare coursing

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hare coursing is one off the most talked about things on here and there is rules but them rules are made by the match men or the men who hunt hares single and if you dont do it there way then your not

yes and its still illeagal in England so watch what your saying boys

I don't see where your getting he 100 yards law, as I've said before every hare is different and not all terrains are the same, the man slipping the dog should know whats a fair slip and what isnt. In

IMG_0011.jpg 1 DOG AGAINST 1 HARE CONSISTENTLY THROUGH THE SEASON. THEY EITHER CAN DO IT OR THEY CANT (photo pre ban).:thumbs:

Very nice dog, looks almost like a Waterloo cup ghound I'm guessing it's 3/4 saluki cross?

TOR OF DARTMOOR HALF X FATHER. MOTHER, ANDY BARON DEERHOUND/GREYHOUND :thumbs:
  • Like 1

IMG_0011.jpg 1 DOG AGAINST 1 HARE CONSISTENTLY THROUGH THE SEASON. THEY EITHER CAN DO IT OR THEY CANT (photo pre ban).:thumbs:

Very nice dog, looks almost like a Waterloo cup ghound I'm guessing it's 3/4 saluki cross?

TOR OF DARTMOOR HALF X FATHER. MOTHER, ANDY BARON DEERHOUND/GREYHOUND :thumbs:

some nice pic,s keep them coming optimus :thumbs:

I don't understand y so many people complain about lamping hs. It still takes a good dog to take one in winter and there are 5 times as many out in the fields than during the day so it is better sport. And for the record a lot of the dogs run in the forley cup etc can't kill a h on the lamp, I have witnessed it!

thats what this is all about mate,rules made by folks thats never seen things happen,some have a match dog nd dont want you to run the hare with a lurcher,rules,rules..do as u like nd i will like you for it :thumbs: but unless u bend the rules you cant do what you like,lol :angel:

sorry for my ignorance in what im going to type......i thought a match dog was still a lurcher of sorts?? still got the basic make up of a lurcher greyhound, saluki, deerhound or similair so if this is the case why is there talk of lurchers and match dogs?? i understand that a match dog is single handed daytime hare dog bred for this from other dogs that seem to do well catching consistantly single handed thats fair enough

why cant a lurcher do that too?? my old saluki x would smash hares 5/5 all day/night long back in the late 90's, id of put it against anything and wouldnt of cared if i lost he to me was a beauty of a dog. lurchers are still saluki, greyhound, deerhound x's like the match dogs are or is it the people of the match scene think their dogs are more superior, well bred, better call it what you will than the everyday lurcher?? like i say i know nothing really im just wondering.......i thought the whole isea of matching dogs were to run them together against one hare and the winner is the one that takes it or as it was puts in better turns, strikes??

my views on hare coursing are the goverment are fools most of who'm have never been to the countryside to see what its all about the ban is a joke, if you have a lurcher you should be able to run what you like afterall its meant to be a free country, i dont mind running dogs single or doubled up on winter stuff of course it just ent fair in the summer to hunt them at all they need time to breed whats the point in killing your sport before it has time to get fit?? horses for courses each to their own ways thats just mine atvb fellas hope you all have a good new year :)