shooting foxes on the golf course

If you have an open ticket then you are ok to do it with written permission,BUT if you have NOT got an open ticket and restricted,then you will need to contact your local firearms office and confirm that the land is suitable and has had a land check.

first thing I would do is just check with your local firearms office.

You can use a shotgun so long as you have permission of course, to use a rifle refer to the terms of your licence. It's a bit of a givaway that if you have to ask then you don't have a licence to refer to so your probably thinking shotgun.

H

Hi Stevie,

My advice is the less people that know the better i am talking about the member's of the Golf Course. whistling.gif

There was shooting done in my local area on a Golf Course to thin down the Fox population, and what a censored.gif stink it caused it was in the local paper ect

The people had permission ect but the bother it caused was unreal. Best of Luck thumbs.gif

ATB

Wullie.

my ticket is open but I will contact the firearms dept first.before i go any further with it.I think .22 would be the best option to keep the noise level down and for no one to know about it. atb stevie.

FOR FOXES hope you are not refering to a .22 rimfire

What cartridges do you need to take a fox out with a shotgun? and at what range will it definatly kill it rather than just hurt it? Im just curious because my FEO mentioned some cartridges that have 6 bigger shot in them rather than loads of little shot, and he uses them for geese hunting, he recommended getting some but I cant for the life of me remember what they were :blink:

What cartridges do you need to take a fox out with a shotgun? and at what range will it definatly kill it rather than just hurt it? Im just curious because my FEO mentioned some cartridges that have 6 bigger shot in them rather than loads of little shot, and he uses them for geese hunting, he recommended getting some but I cant for the life of me remember what they were :blink:

I use either 50gm BB or 40gm AAA for fox they will kill outright if you hit them hard i.e head and chest area at about 50 yards and a bit more if you have a good side view

my ticket is open but I will contact the firearms dept first.before i go any further with it.I think .22 would be the best option to keep the noise level down and for no one to know about it. atb stevie.

FOR FOXES hope you are not refering to a .22 rimfire

.22 Rimfire is fine for foxes out to about 70 yards if headshot, I have taken plenty this way....

If I was you I would try .22 Subs on a silenced rifle & try getting them into about 50 yards & headshots only. This will keep the noise disturbance to a minimum & if your foxes havent been shot at before getting them in close shouldnt be too dificult as they will be well used to human disturbance on the golf course.

Cheers

Nessie