Firearm Variations in Northern Ireland

Hi all just a quick question has anyone in Northern Ireland recently had a variation on their license. I have just send my variation application away today for a ruger 10 22 and was wondering does anyone know roughly how long they are taking to come through. I know it is just a wait until it arrives but does anyone have an idea. Cheers

It will depend on what location in NI you live but it could well be up to 6 months, especially considering you are applying for a .22 RF. Any time my FAC has been away it has taken 4-6 months. Even for a shotgun variation it took 6 months & when it came back they didnt even have it marked on my permit. I rang Firearms Branch straght away to ask what to hell had happened to my new Beretta & they informed me that it was an admin error & that I should post back my FAC & it would be fast-tracked, this took 2 MORE MONTHS :-( So 8 months for a O/U shotgun!!!

....Also one of my friends sent away for an FAC rated air rifle. The certificate came back after over 5 months and the police had accidentally added a shotgun he didnt even own & had nothing to do with. Again an admin error that needed sorted ASAP.

Cheers

Nessie

It will depend on what location in NI you live but it could well be up to 6 months, especially considering you are applying for a .22 RF. Any time my FAC has been away it has taken 4-6 months. Even for a shotgun variation it took 6 months & when it came back they didnt even have it marked on my permit. I rang Firearms Branch straght away to ask what to hell had happened to my new Beretta & they informed me that it was an admin error & that I should post back my FAC & it would be fast-tracked, this took 2 MORE MONTHS :-( So 8 months for a O/U shotgun!!!

....Also one of my friends sent away for an FAC rated air rifle. The certificate came back after over 5 months and the police had accidentally added a shotgun he didnt even own & had nothing to do with. Again an admin error that needed sorted ASAP.

Cheers

Nessie

you wanna get ringing them everyday you do lol

you soon get what you want if you hastle them enough :gunsmilie:

more than 2months and its up to you to make the effort and ring ring ring!!

no effort from you and you deserve to wait! :tongue2:

Edited by elvolcan

When you say variation, have you got a .22LR on your permit and just changing it to the ruger 10/22?

If so, you should have it back between 1-3 months. Have seen this happen for the same calibre rifle within 2 weeks. Though if you havent already got a .22LR on your FAC, it will take at least 4 months.

They are working very quick at the moment, i had a rifle, 2 shotguns and 3 silencers added a few months ago, got it all back in 4 months.

Edited by ryanwylie

When you say variation, have you got a .22LR on your permit and just changing it to the ruger 10/22?

If so, you should have it back between 1-3 months. Have seen this happen for the same calibre rifle within 2 weeks. Though if you havent already got a .22LR on your FAC, it will take at least 4 months.

They are working very quick at the moment, i had a rifle, 2 shotguns and 3 silencers added a few months ago, got it all back in 4 months.

hi thanks for the replies i am getting my first 22 rifle. yea seems that they a moving pretty quick as i know someone who two weeks ago sent his application away for his first shotgun and he got a call this morning saying they are looking to have an interview on monday.

Alright.

I sent mine off the start of september and i have had my "interview" and all and hoping it should be here this week.

Torture the life out of them (thats what i done)

ATB Jay :thumbs:

hi folks just looking to know does it matter where abouts in northern ireland you are from for example do they have different people for different areas. and also just another do i need to do another interview as i am already the holder of a shotgun and an air rifle