WHATS THE BEST SPRING AIR RIFLE TO BUY?

for that price mate u cud get a decent pre-charged rifle but if you want a springer i would go for something in the weihrauch range ive got a hw35 and it is a quality springer tho slightly on the heavy side but here are wat i would recomend

hw35

hw80

hw97

hw99 p.s most of these come in carbine models so that is also a option

and another springer i have heard good things about is the air arms tx200 or tx200hc hope this helps mate

cheers whippetsftw

Hi mate,

I love chatting about spring piston rifles.

I have owned and shot quite a lot in my time and can seriously recommend the following rifles in the order that I personally like the best.

Weihrauch HW97KT or the Weihrauch HW97K, one is with the thumbhole stock the other is with the sporter stock.

Air Arms ProSport – Is really on a par with the above rifle and matches them ounce for ounce.

Air Arms TX200 HC

Weihrauch HW90K

Weihrauch HW95K

Weihrauch HW80

Weihrauch HW77K

Weihrauch HW98

Webley Exocet mark 3 with the silencer.

Hope this helps

Si

Didn't know you rated the Xocet, Si, it's always been a gun I've thought was very under rated. I had one with a gas-ram for quite a while but I had to sell it a while back due to lack of funds, it's deffo a gun I'd recomend too. :thumbs:

Best break barrels.... HW90 followed closely by the 95.

Fixed barrels.... TX, Pro Sport, HW97 or 77, RWS52.

My own personal best though is the 90, I've had mine for many years and it's one gun I'll never part with. I've either owned or used all the guns mentioned (still got a 52) and the 90 does it for me.

Cheers.

Hi Gentlemen. Been off-line due to virus stuffed up my laptop.

Hi Alex.

Hmmm a spring rifle for £500 :whistling: There are plenty for you out there mate. The most important thing is find and choose the one that absolutely best suits your frame/build. I'm a big chap so, my preferred rifles are long, hefty spring rifles. I find PCPs just too light! I like the list that Si has drawn up, but, to narrow that down....I know what I'd go for...

AIR ARMS TX200 Standard rifle. Underlever .22 or .177. Superbly accurate, beautifully smooth to shoot.

AIR ARMS TX200HC. Carbine, shorter than the standard rifle. Best in .177 cal. This is a killer little rifle, make no mistake. 45-yard headshot rabbits no problem if you have the talent to shoot long range. Mikeyblue is selling one in .177 for £250. Enough change for a quality scope and that would be an absolute cracking rig! PM him! :toast:

AIR ARMS PRO SPORT. .177 or .22. No better than than the TX200 series but, it's just a gorgeous looking rifle. Utterly accurate, beautifully stocked and finished.

WEIHRAUCH HW80 Standard/HW80K carbine. If this rifle was a tank, it would be a Tiger! Big, hefty and full, consistent power. Just the finest break-barrel spring rifle ever! I have both of these in .22 on my FAC and they still astonish me with their relibility and accuracy after over ten years and kazillions of H&N FTT pellets shot with them. I love em to bits! :notworthy:

WEIHRAUCH HW95. Like the HW80 only a little smaller and lighter (Panther Tank!). Beautiful handling and superbly accurate rifle. Perfect for woodland stalking.

WEIHRAUCH HW77. Underlever. .177 or .22. I've just ordered one, full length standard .22 for hunting with, in the new year. Cost me just over £426 but, I'm a left-hander so, I have to pay a bit more. But well worth it! One of the most accurate air rifles of all time. It's an air rifle legend. The King Tiger II tank of German air rifles!

DIANA 54 AIRKING. .22 or .177. Designed for Diana by Air Arms and based on the TX200SR sliding sledge, anti recoil mechanism, this is a superbly accurate, vitually recoil-less spring rifle. It's cocked with a sidelever and and it's a reliable, accurate full power hunter, well worth a look. But, it's not cheap and comes right at the limit of your budget -maybe a bit more over.

Just my views, based on what I actually own. Except the Airking. :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

A pal had a Air Arms ProSport some years ago which was a wonderful gun, Unfortunatly I couldn't shoot it very well due to being a lefty but what a lovely gun.

another one which Air Arms have now stopped making was the Pro Elite <Break Barrel>! another pal had one of these which was very tuneable and a Monster of a Air Rifle, one of these is like Rocking horse shit now I think :thumbs:...

Jasp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents, yesterday 20th Dec, I got my hands on a HW98 in .177, I've been using air rifles for fourty years and I'm kicking myself it has taken so long to get around to buying one of these. Thirty six hours in and I've discovered it's faultless, really, it rates as my top gun. It's perfectly ballanced and a lovely size for my frame (6'1" tall, me not the gun). It is on the chunky side but adds greatly to stability. I'll come back in a couple of weeks when the honeymoon is over and she if I still love it.

get a 95k and put a v mach kit in it,shorten and screw cut the barrel,custom stock and HW silencer... you'll change out of 500 and imo the best spring gun money can buy.(i did this to a 95 and still regret selling it!)got an s10 now and would swap it for that 95 any day of the wk.