where the f--k are we going lads

As far as I'm concerned it's horses for courses. If your dog does the job of a professional hound then you have a dog that's equal to a hound, doesn't matter if it's a whippet croosed with a pug.

All this pure hound sshite is just a hangover from a bygone era when only aritocrats could own a pack and earn the right to call it a hound pack.

I say if yer mongrel can do the job I wouldn't give a toss if some people classify it as a hound. At the end of the day it's the number of brushes you got to yer dogs' name that counts.

Old Dog an aristocrat, I can't want to tell him :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats wrong with cross breed hounds. i hunt with a registered pack an whip in when need but i still enjoy my sundays out with my cross breeds. they can preform as good if not better they pure breed ho

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting storys with like minded people. its funny how packs want your support when the sh

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special. Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game

Posted Images

Gentlemen i dont hunt hounds been to a meet once or twice but thats about it but from my view point all of this out crossing is just hound/dog development and its what men have always done. People outcross like this in search of a hound/dog that does a particular job better than breeds that exist and can i just say good luck to them i hope they reap the rewards of their adventurous spirit. and likewise for the hound fraternity those dyed in the wool stalwarts of the beautiful hound i commend you for your loyalty and purest ideals,

I hope we are all joined in the pursuit of our sport and when im out with my ferrets and little lurcher i can appreciate the shooter down the hill working his spaniel after pheasant or the hunt thundering over the valley below, and when im on the hill beating with my gundog after grouse i can appreciate the awe inspiring site of setters and pointers working with falcons over the next moor.

and at the end of the day when im just sitting with a numb backside on a frozen dry stone wall i can just breathe in that cold air and look at some of the most beautiful countryside in England.

Merry Christmas boys

• Like 3

as the title say's you boy's crossing beagle xjack, beagle pat, beagle spaniel,what the f--k you doing in this post this is the hound section,im not saying that they don't hunt,what im saying is they can not be classed as hounds,you should be in the terrier or even gundog section with these mix and match,SOME OF YOU SHOULD BE IN THE FERRETING SECTION, i dare say you have got more to cross with want ever hound you can get your hands on,BUT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HONESTLY KEEPING HOUNDS,don't come back to me and say i bred these hound, terrier, spaniel, crosses for the country we hunt like that idiot who made those video's,if you are living in the uk or ireland we are all hunting the same covers no matter where you live,i have not posted on here for a while for this simple reason,the hounds section is boring as f---k with your silly crosses and your siily questions, so lets read more about true hound hunting and get rid of some of these silly posts,SORRY LADS IT HAD TO BE SAID,

well said ! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Footman you are correct in what im thinking mate,reading some of these post's here,i can see that people who keep hounds understand the post,question is as the post states,a few people have gone on about crossbred hounds,there's nothing wrong with hound x hound,but where are we going with hound cross terrier x spaniel x what ever,i just can't see a future or a end product for these crosses,that can be classed as a hound.Blitz what do you think hounds are bred for then ?this thread wasn't aimed at starting any arguments,but there's people on here like yourself that turn it into one,not understanding the post :feck: DEs they want drag me down mate,im too old a dog to be fu-k by a pup,And catcher 1 its definately not snobbery mate

end product is a flushing dog ideal for built up areas ect .urban hunters with lurchers close to roads and such .some very usefull beasts can be produced but they aint hounds .as you well know its the old saying horses for courses good hunting .what type you got in kennel.how many couple.

Footman you are correct in what im thinking mate,reading some of these post's here,i can see that people who keep hounds understand the post,question is as the post states,a few people have gone on about crossbred hounds,there's nothing wrong with hound x hound,but where are we going with hound cross terrier x spaniel x what ever,i just can't see a future or a end product for these crosses,that can be classed as a hound.Blitz what do you think hounds are bred for then ?this thread wasn't aimed at starting any arguments,but there's people on here like yourself that turn it into one,not understanding the post :feck: DEs they want drag me down mate,im too old a dog to be fu-k by a pup,And catcher 1 its definately not snobbery mate

A good reply Andy. Well done mate :thumbs::thumbs:

LL.

Gentlemen i dont hunt hounds been to a meet once or twice but thats about it but from my view point all of this out crossing is just hound/dog development and its what men have always done. People outcross like this in search of a hound/dog that does a particular job better than breeds that exist and can i just say good luck to them i hope they reap the rewards of their adventurous spirit. and likewise for the hound fraternity those dyed in the wool stalwarts of the beautiful hound i commend you for your loyalty and purest ideals,

I hope we are all joined in the pursuit of our sport and when im out with my ferrets and little lurcher i can appreciate the shooter down the hill working his spaniel after pheasant or the hunt thundering over the valley below, and when im on the hill beating with my gundog after grouse i can appreciate the awe inspiring site of setters and pointers working with falcons over the next moor.

and at the end of the day when im just sitting with a numb backside on a frozen dry stone wall i can just breathe in that cold air and look at some of the most beautiful countryside in England.

Merry Christmas boys

well said stroller mate merry christmas to you and ALL :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
Guest RAB.MCKAY

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special.

Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game present leave it. Hunting starts when your fox hits country and that's when a hound comes into it's own.

If your talking about surrounding the covert with lurchers or/and guns then that's not hunting either, it's fox control.

And as for hunting nearly being banned by people with attitude ??? I disagree. It's un-organised hunting and gangs of lads who feel they can go where they want ,when they want doing what they want that seem to never be out of the papers and are making landowners anti hunting and barring all people from the land.

JMHO.

neil ar u sayiny reg packs dont wander of the beaton track what was the bjg issue wit the ward union hunting a stag through a school yard theres not a pack in the country that dont tresspass when they get goin the huntsman cant and wont always b able to keep wit his hounds and from my experience a farmer would sooner c a few lads wit lurchers r guns than 40 horses goin down his land also everyone to there own we should all b united in our sport not running each other down

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special.

Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game present leave it. Hunting starts when your fox hits country and that's when a hound comes into it's own.

If your talking about surrounding the covert with lurchers or/and guns then that's not hunting either, it's fox control.

And as for hunting nearly being banned by people with attitude ??? I disagree. It's un-organised hunting and gangs of lads who feel they can go where they want ,when they want doing what they want that seem to never be out of the papers and are making landowners anti hunting and barring all people from the land.

JMHO.

neil ar u sayiny reg packs dont wander of the beaton track what was the bjg issue wit the ward union hunting a stag through a school yard theres not a pack in the country that dont tresspass when they get goin the huntsman cant and wont always b able to keep wit his hounds and from my experience a farmer would sooner c a few lads wit lurchers r guns than 40 horses goin down his land also everyone to there own we should all b united in our sport not running each other down

:thumbs:

ok.... Ive written on this subject previously but i feel the need to write again.

I am the huntsman of a registered pack of hounds in Canada, our hounds are cross bred hounds they're a mix of English hounds and American hounds and are bred with the climate and hunting area in mind, over here the registered packs have 3 main types of hounds English, American, and Crossbred, which are a mixture of the former two, so i totally understand the breeding for your purpose etc etc ... but then we are breeding hound to hound, you're going to get a pretty known entity when you cross a hound with a hound regardless of breed , but then spaniel cross hound or terrier cross hound you have an unknown entity , it could be like a hound it could be like one of the other breeds, like one of the other poster said where are you going with breeding like that? you might be 8 or 9 generations before you have a true type, anyway we're getting away from the question are these hound crosses hounds ? no they are not hounds, someone else said that hunting a fox starts once its been found and hunted over however many miles of country, not pushing a fox out to guns or lurchers, and as also said before flushing to guns or lurchers is fox control not hunting and maybe it might be something for the moderator 's to consider a separate section for fox control to accommodate these lads. this is not snobbery, far from it, i'd like to read these lads posts but i think they need there own section

I think the key here is tolerance....... just today i had a fella call in to the kennels, he's a shooter, he'd been out with a few lads west of the kennels with some Walker hounds ( walker hounds were originally night hunters hounds ) hunting coyotes , they had shot 5 !!!!! now to me thats not hunting , but its the way they hunt and there's no point in me getting upset about it, they're not MY coyotes and its not My land, the way i see it is he has hunted like this for many years so who am i to say he's wrong in doing it !!! we all have to be more tolerant of each other even if we don't agree with how they do things

one last thing , there are a couple of lads that have said this thread was to start an argument , yet same lads are fueling the fire !!! snide comments here and there about snobbery etc and i'll be the first to admit there can be some arrogant rich Pricks that hunt , but should you judge everybody by one or two peoples actions ???? do you have a bit of a chip on ya shoulder ?

Long may we hunt

YIS Coyotehunter

Ive followed the topic with a bit of interest As unlike some in the dog world I know that the ground did not open up one day and all the purbreds just jumped out. every breed hound or other has had its time of development as we know foxhounds have both bulldog and greyhound along with the st huberts blood flowing through those veins, this may all have happened a very long time ago but it happened. its not the mixes that make the breed but the selective breeding and puppy selection based on the work required that the breed comes from.

But then this topic could be just about some form of purest snobbery, some wanting to keep this section for the pur hounds. If thats the case then the mods may want to fined a spot for the little bushing or drive dogs that are popular for bringing game to the gun. does this make them more gundog than hound ?

perhaps but Americans and Australians have been using beagles and hounds for the same purpose for many many years.

just some thoughts

steve

• Like 1

then maybe you should have a day out with them before slating them? to be honest mate your post shows your a notch above where you should be coming in here because you have pure hounds giving it lashes for the lads that do it on a smaller scale, bottom line is crossing a hound with a terrier/spaniel whatever makes the hound more controlable (sorry its not a hound is it weel call it a heinz 57 to make you feel better) it makes it more controlable for lads that do small days like walking out small plantations etc on a pheasant shoot, whereas a pack of hounds may run for miles if people aint got the permission etc to do it then thats why wee crossbreds can come into their own, i go out with a mounted pack and iv also had some very good days out with small crossbreds infact class days out before the ban was in, who gives a f**k if people are posting pics or storys from days out with crossbreds? doing the same job albeit maybe on a smaller scale than a larger pack of your purebreds its not as if this sections littered with hundreads of posts everyday from registered packs is it? as the saying gos get off yoru high horse.

excerllent reply mate'' :thumbs: but dont hold ur breath... ATB..B

• 1 month later...

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs

or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting

storys with like minded people.

its funny how packs want your support when the shite hits the fan but

look down there noses when they dont need our help.

Arn't we all in this together regardless of what crosses we might have?

yeah we all in it together when it comes down to hunting as a whole but a motely pack of crossbreads ,no disrespect, is different to a pure bread pack and dont get me wrong im sure u enjoy ur hunting just as much as me and im sure u get some good sport but they are two different things so maybe they should have a seperate forumthumbs.gif

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs

or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting

storys with like minded people.

its funny how packs want your support when the shite hits the fan but

look down there noses when they dont need our help.

Arn't we all in this together regardless of what crosses we might have?

yeah we all in it together when it comes down to hunting as a whole but a motely pack of crossbreads ,no disrespect, is different to a pure bread pack and dont get me wrong im sure u enjoy ur hunting just as much as me and im sure u get some good sport but they are two different things so maybe they should have a seperate forumthumbs.gif

i was being abit bitchy before mate sowwi,

Hunting a pack of hounds and hunting a bobbery pack of cross bred hounds are differant i wasnt saying that.

i do think there should be a differant forum for the two, simply because it would save alot of crap in this section.

Ive followed the topic with a bit of interest As unlike some in the dog world I know that the ground did not open up one day and all the purbreds just jumped out. every breed hound or other has had its time of development as we know foxhounds have both bulldog and greyhound along with the st huberts blood flowing through those veins, this may all have happened a very long time ago but it happened. its not the mixes that make the breed but the selective breeding and puppy selection based on the work required that the breed comes from.

But then this topic could be just about some form of purest snobbery, some wanting to keep this section for the pur hounds. If thats the case then the mods may want to fined a spot for the little bushing or drive dogs that are popular for bringing game to the gun. does this make them more gundog than hound ?

perhaps but Americans and Australians have been using beagles and hounds for the same purpose for many many years.

just some thoughts

steve

:thumbs: As usual.