where the f--k are we going lads

as the title say's you boy's crossing beagle xjack, beagle pat, beagle spaniel,what the f--k you doing in this post this is the hound section,im not saying that they don't hunt,what im saying is they can not be classed as hounds,you should be in the terrier or even gundog section with these mix and match,SOME OF YOU SHOULD BE IN THE FERRETING SECTION, i dare say you have got more to cross with want ever hound you can get your hands on,BUT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HONESTLY KEEPING HOUNDS,don't come back to me and say i bred these hound, terrier, spaniel, crosses for the country we hunt like that idiot who made those video's,if you are living in the uk or ireland we are all hunting the same covers no matter where you live,i have not posted on here for a while for this simple reason,the hounds section is boring as f---k with your silly crosses and your siily questions, so lets read more about true hound hunting and get rid of some of these silly posts,SORRY LADS IT HAD TO BE SAID,

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats wrong with cross breed hounds. i hunt with a registered pack an whip in when need but i still enjoy my sundays out with my cross breeds. they can preform as good if not better they pure breed ho

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting storys with like minded people. its funny how packs want your support when the sh

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special. Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game

Posted Images

whats wrong with cross breed hounds. i hunt with a registered pack an whip in when need but i still enjoy my sundays out with my cross breeds. they can preform as good if not better they pure breed hounds an i can hunt covers where mounted packs will never be left. thats what has hunting ruined an nearly banned hunting is people with your attitude. were all out for an enjoyable day of sport whether with cross breed or pure. so why shouldn't people share there story's in hound section. y.i.s, sionnach

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

whats wrong with cross breed hounds. i hunt with a registered pack an whip in when need but i still enjoy my sundays out with my cross breeds. they can preform as good if not better they pure breed hounds an i can hunt covers where mounted packs will never be left. thats what has hunting ruined an nearly banned hunting is people with your attitude. were all out for an enjoyable day of sport whether with cross breed or pure. so why shouldn't people share there story's in hound section. y.i.s, sionnach

:victory: well said...

I follow 4 different packs from time to time, but have also had a lot of excellent days out hunting with cross-bred hounds. They are not bred to be compared to pure hounds, as they are used in a different manner, which is better suited for certain venues.

The way we should be going, is standing by fellow hunters, regardless of their choise of dog, not creating more bad feelings within the ranks?

have a bountiful season :thumbs:

• Like 2

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special.

Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game present leave it. Hunting starts when your fox hits country and that's when a hound comes into it's own.

If your talking about surrounding the covert with lurchers or/and guns then that's not hunting either, it's fox control.

And as for hunting nearly being banned by people with attitude ??? I disagree. It's un-organised hunting and gangs of lads who feel they can go where they want ,when they want doing what they want that seem to never be out of the papers and are making landowners anti hunting and barring all people from the land.

JMHO.

• Like 3

well seid.. :thumbs:

There are a good few lads keeping gun packs to shoot foxes along the border in Ireland. They would get most of their hounds from the local foot packs. In our pack we usualy pass on the ones that don't make the grade with us to the local gun lads. We usualy get rid of the ones that are too soft or too free (babbling) and the lads seem to be happy enough to take them. Most of these lads would say that they go "shooting" rather than "hunting". What they want is enough noise in cover to push any foxes out to the waiting guns or at best to push the fox for a while to see if he will go to ground and if not they want to be able to lift the hounds off handily enough. The last thing they want is for hounds to push the fox for an hour and end up 5 or 6 miles away. If we were to give them a hound that wanted to push the fox on they would probably give it back to us, it seems to me that for these lads it is not about the hunt it is all about the shot. For the lads who are into this type of hunting, is the hunt important to you or is it just the shot? If your pack pushes foxes all day with good hunting, but no one gets a shot in are you still happy or is it put down as a bad day? I am just curious as I am only really interested in hunting.

As for hunting, has everyone elses season been as bad as ours? For the first few weeks we had to make do with plantation hunting as there was still a lot of livestock out on our open country. Now when the stock have gone in we can't get out onto our open country with the hard frost and snow. I have not had one really good days hunting yet just a few decent runs spread over a couple of days.

There are a good few lads keeping gun packs to shoot foxes along the border in Ireland. They would get most of their hounds from the local foot packs. In our pack we usualy pass on the ones that don't make the grade with us to the local gun lads. We usualy get rid of the ones that are too soft or too free (babbling) and the lads seem to be happy enough to take them. Most of these lads would say that they go "shooting" rather than "hunting". What they want is enough noise in cover to push any foxes out to the waiting guns or at best to push the fox for a while to see if he will go to ground and if not they want to be able to lift the hounds off handily enough. The last thing they want is for hounds to push the fox for an hour and end up 5 or 6 miles away. If we were to give them a hound that wanted to push the fox on they would probably give it back to us, it seems to me that for these lads it is not about the hunt it is all about the shot. For the lads who are into this type of hunting, is the hunt important to you or is it just the shot? If your pack pushes foxes all day with good hunting, but no one gets a shot in are you still happy or is it put down as a bad day? I am just curious as I am only really interested in hunting.

As for hunting, has everyone elses season been as bad as ours? For the first few weeks we had to make do with plantation hunting as there was still a lot of livestock out on our open country. Now when the stock have gone in we can't get out onto our open country with the hard frost and snow. I have not had one really good days hunting yet just a few decent runs spread over a couple of days.

Very good post :thumbs:

good post

:thumbs: you should post more often.

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs

or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting

storys with like minded people.

its funny how packs want your support when the shite hits the fan but

look down there noses when they dont need our help.

Arn't we all in this together regardless of what crosses we might have?

• Like 7

so maybe they should put up a forum for bobbery packs

or something so us pretend pack hunters can share our hunting

storys with like minded people.

its funny how packs want your support when the shite hits the fan but

look down there noses when they dont need our help.

Arn't we all in this together regardless of what crosses we might have?

well said buh :thumbs:

Sionnach, if your crossbreds hunt better than the pure breds then the registered pack your with mustn't be anything special.

Hounds or dogs running around making noise in a covert will make any game present leave it. Hunting starts when your fox hits country and that's when a hound comes into it's own.

If your talking about surrounding the covert with lurchers or/and guns then that's not hunting either, it's fox control.

And as for hunting nearly being banned by people with attitude ??? I disagree. It's un-organised hunting and gangs of lads who feel they can go where they want ,when they want doing what they want that seem to never be out of the papers and are making landowners anti hunting and barring all people from the land.

JMHO.

neil ar u sayiny reg packs dont wander of the beaton track what was the bjg issue wit the ward union hunting a stag through a school yard theres not a pack in the country that dont tresspass when they get goin the huntsman cant and wont always b able to keep wit his hounds and from my experience a farmer would sooner c a few lads wit lurchers r guns than 40 horses goin down his land also everyone to there own we should all b united in our sport not running each other down

• Like 5

You make a lot of sence Fat Man.

As the Wards are a local pack to me I think I can comment on the incident where the stag jumped the wall of Kildalkey school.

Yes, the stag did jump the wall, followed by the hounds. Yes it did happen as kids were leaving school.

Yes, all local kids in Kildalkey are used to the hunt and none of them were upset. Yes when one of the teachers was asked about the incedent he said that they were used to having the hunt around.

However when the media interveiwed several parents they edited down to those that had a problem. Including the man who said that he took a crowbar out of the boot of his car to prize the "dogs" of the "deer", LOL.

Everyone interveiwed on the telly or radio had a Dublin accent.

So Fat Man I'd say your experience of that particular incident is what you read or heard in the media.

We also had an incident in the next county last year. In the media it said that a fox hunt entered a nursing home and killed their pet cat.

When the Gardi inquired the residents of the home said they were glad that the pesky cat was gone. This was a gun pack that were the culprits but that could happen anyone.

But at the end of the day I'm not going to say there's people who should be banned and those that shouldn't.

But with a registered hunt farmers and property owners do get warned a day or two before that there's a chance the hunt might cross their land.

Most if not all gun packs arrive on the morning.

I do realise that foxes need controlling. I used to go out with several gun packs and indeed had hounds myself.

For me it finished when I seen a whole litter took out. We had 21 one morning and 14 twice. Not my cup of tea but I realise it has to be done.............sometimes.

The original question was should we be discussing crossbred hounds on a hound forum?

Of course we should. Lurchers are crossbreds and there's plenty of talk about crossbred terriers on the terrier forum.

But if some one has a few mongeralised hounds is he a hunts man ? Don't be silly.

Is beating out a covert to lurchers or guns hunting??? Don't be silly.

• Like 1