YESTERDAYS TRIP

After pondering which of my 8 farms to go to yesterday i decided on My friend les's cattle farm, With the thinking that if the snow got to bad in the wood, i could always sit in the huge barns and finally start work on the clearance of the 100s of ferals and colared doves that les has adamantly said he wants reducing to ZILCH!! So left the house at 7.30 picked my mate up and off we went on the "usual" 45min journey, only because of a foot of snow took just over 1hr30mins!! Any way we pull in to the farm and the trees were moving with masses of colared doves and ferals, we had the shotguns with us and as the snow wasnt falling we walked the lake in hope of a few ducks, sure enough a group of 8 took up, and three were downed, great start, we noticed wood pigeons hitting the little spinney so off we trudged through well over a foot of snow, to set some decoys up, decoys set up we had a few birds drifting in and a few were shot, Snow is hammering it now and we litterally cant see our hands infront of our faces so we leave the decoys in place and walk the 1/4 mile back to the car, No birds would be flying in this!!! Back at the car and a cuppa, we decide that its time to get the rifles out as weve seen large numbers of ferals and doves getting into the barns to escape the snow, sure enough the second we walk into the barn well over 200 doves and ferals take up and flee, "this is going to be a good day" we climbed onto a stack of hay bales as we had perfect vision of the full barn, made ourselves comfy and settled in, less that 2mins later and the birds are flocking back into the barns, bird after bird was dispatched, this was just crazy!! We couldnt reload fast enough, all in all the damage was 63 ferals, 26 doves, 3 ducks, 8 woodies, and 2 magpies. Up again tomorrow, after a trip to dunkleys for 500 more pellets, and 100 number 6's :D

• Like 2

Hiya Mills'y.

Sound's like you had one brilliant outing mate :thumbs:

That is an excellent mixed bag and tally.

Good luck on your next trip, take some pic's for us next time mate, we love to see them :thumbs:

SP for a good post and shooting.

ATB.

Bill.

Thanks bill, im desperate to get photos on, i took my camera and got loads of pics, but when i try and put them on here it just keeps sayin "too large to upload" Ive got 3 rifles for sale and i needed to put pics on of them and its just kept sayin the same, im not to clever on the computer so its frustrating as hell!! lol I love seeing peoples photos aswell, helps the person reading your post get a real feel for the place, and be able to imagine more.

Hiya Mills'y.

Good luck on your next trip, take some pic's for us next time mate, we love to see them :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Thanks bill, im desperate to get photos on, i took my camera and got loads of pics, but when i try and put them on here it just keeps sayin "too large to upload" Ive got 3 rifles for sale and i needed to put pics on of them and its just kept sayin the same, im not to clever on the computer so its frustrating as hell!! lol I love seeing peoples photos aswell, helps the person reading your post get a real feel for the place, and be able to imagine more.

Hiya Mills'y.

If you create an upload file on your desk top, you can alter image size in that.

Im no computer wizard believe me.......but it works for me :laugh:

PHANTOM is good with them, he will give you some sound advise on how too mate :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Hiya Mills'y.

ATB.

Bill.

right, open up a free account with WWW.PHOTOBUCKET.COM

start uploading your pictures into your account

hold your mouse over each picture once its on your account, a box will appear under that photo, it has 4 lines/boxes in it, go to the bottom line/box, right click the mouse, that will either automatically copy the code or turn it blue and you can then scroll down to copy, now open up the hunting life as another page on your screen, go into your post, right click, scroll down to paste and paste the copied code into your post, you can then switch back and forth between the 2 pages (photobucket & hunting life) copying and adding pictures, no need to re size them as photobucket is hosting them