which double cab

I'VE OWNED AN ISUZU RODEO 3.0 WITH BFG MUD T ON . GETS USED WHAT THEY WERE MADE FOR DAY IN DAY OUT. A BIT NOISY BUT GREAT TRUCK PREFER 3L AS THEY DONT NEED TO REV THE SAME NOT BAD ON JUICE IF YOU DRIE IT RIGHT, BUT IM A BIT HEAVY FOOTED!!!! PUT 50 THOU ON IT IN 2 AND A HALF YEARS . BEST ALL ROUND 4X4 I HAVE OWNED.

spot on mate these trucks are built like tanks,and reliable overlooked by most.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked my hilux up last night :) might be selling the rear canopy (arb) colourcoded dark green if anyone wants to make me an offer .not that bothered about selling unless right offer comes along .well pleased with the truck though thanks for all replies.james

id stay away from l200`s as ther not great off road when standard ( not sure if you change the tyres and such maybe better) hilux all the way mate when my brother used to go offroadin he had a double cab defender which was basicaly a weapon(unstopable) . but 2 of his mates had hiluxs and they did most of the things the landy did one was jacked up by about 4" with big tyres and the other jus had a set of tyres on it and they were great its just wther ur guna chuck on sum parts or leave it standard u can make any 4x4 brilliant with the right money .

DEE

id stay away from l200`s as ther not great off road when standard ( not sure if you change the tyres and such maybe better) hilux all the way mate when my brother used to go offroadin he had a double cab defender which was basicaly a weapon(unstopable) . but 2 of his mates had hiluxs and they did most of the things the landy did one was jacked up by about 4" with big tyres and the other jus had a set of tyres on it and they were great its just wther ur guna chuck on sum parts or leave it standard u can make any 4x4 brilliant with the right money .

DEE

Its all about the tyres. Even a landy with road tyres will be shit. Got a new L200 Warrior now...its been ok but not done anything serious off road...i will be sticking a set of the new BF Goodrich MT's on quite shortly... :thumbs:

DEE

Its all about the tyres. Even a landy with road tyres will be shit. Got a new L200 Warrior now...its been ok but not done anything serious off road...i will be sticking a set of the new BF Goodrich MT's on quite shortly... :thumbs:

When people say "Not great off roading" well are you talking about major off roading, or driving over a few inches of muddy fields?

Lab, that's the set up, you'll get in and out of most places no probs.

:thumbs:

just wondering does the navara come in 3 ltr or is it just the 2.5, and what year was the renault engine fitted ?

Think the navara is bringing out a 3 litre this year.......long waiting list i think.

For L200 owners -

Watch when offroading on difficult ground that you dont bottom out. The sump guard is soft as shite, and once it is bent in it presses on the transfer box and the 4 wheel drive system doesn't work. We have 2 at the work and it has happened twice this year (on two different vehicles). Not a major expense but will have you off the road which is the main thing.

Thing to watch for is deep ruts etc.

May be worth while getting it lifted or reinforcing the sump guard if neccesary.

Apart from that they are decent trucks at a fraction of the price of a Hilux/land rover.

FTB

For L200 owners -

Watch when offroading on difficult ground that you dont bottom out. The sump guard is soft as shite, and once it is bent in it presses on the transfer box and the 4 wheel drive system doesn't work. We have 2 at the work and it has happened twice this year (on two different vehicles). Not a major expense but will have you off the road which is the main thing.

May be worth while getting it lifted or reinforcing the sump guard if neccesary.

Apart from that they are decent trucks at a fraction of the price of a Hilux/land rover.

FTB

Just bought 1 last month.......question for you mate, If you have driven the new Warrior do you think its a noisy engine when your up around 70 and you just let of the gas a little... :hmm:

just wondering does the navara come in 3 ltr or is it just the 2.5, and what year was the renault engine fitted ?

Think the navara is bringing out a 3 litre this year.......long waiting list i think.

i think both nissan with its engine and call back probs,and l200 diff and engine probs have dented thier reputation,i dont recall isuzu having any such probs,but you will always get followers of the more common makes,i reckon the new vw pick up may be a good un.

For L200 owners -

FTB

Just bought 1 last month.......question for you mate, If you have driven the new Warrior do you think its a noisy engine when your up around 70 and you just let of the gas a little... :hmm:

Not really to be honest mate.

I think they are very comfortable on the road.

Although to be honest, I normally have music pretty well up :icon_redface:

What kind of noise we talking like?

Wind noise, tyre noise, engine noise?

At 2.5 litre they do rev a bit higer at speed than 3 litre engines.

I will have a listen on Monday.

Did you get one of the new shape ones?

FTB

Guest rexdigger

Iv just bought a hilux invincible today and must say I really do like it only problem being there's no back on it so looks like the terriers are riding in style tomorrow on the back seat lol

For L200 owners -

FTB

Not really to be honest mate.

I think they are very comfortable on the road.

Although to be honest, I normally have music pretty well up :icon_redface:

What kind of noise we talking like?

Wind noise, tyre noise, engine noise?

At 2.5 litre they do rev a bit higer at speed than 3 litre engines.

I will have a listen on Monday.

Did you get one of the new shape ones?

FTB

Yip mate....i was sick of buying 2nd hand shite that kept f*****g up so i bought a new 60 plate......its a great motor but you know that "diesel engine noise".....well its pretty loud for a new vehicle. It could do with another gear as you say...its 176bhp and its a rocket.....just that noise thats doing ma tits in. I think its normal but just wondered...? :thumbs: