home made tube traps

yep and they do break they backs to faster and more humane than the real thing.

:laugh:

Are we talking micro seconds? cause i have used the original "tube trap" from wcs and they dont get much better for greys or rats for that matter.

Are you seriously saying that your home made trap is better?:hmm:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL DONE MATE ,     IF THEY WORK ... AND WORK WELL ............. I WOULD USE THEM .......   OF COURSE YOU WILL GET THE PEDDLERS SCREAMING DEFRA AT YOU ,.... FECK EM !   IVE LEARNT A LOT AB

i cannot see how these "clones " are illegal,its bin said before, the law states that you can use clones, thats how all the folk that use chinky crap get away with it. if logan can make a better trap

Good work logun keep up the good work and never mind all the pessimist comments !!!

Posted Images

10 out of 10 for effort, but as 120 says, NOT LEGAL for use in the UK.

Any 'spring' trap needs to be approved before use. That is one of the reasons why spring traps cost as much as they do; it is an expensive process getting a trap through the approval system and on the statute book.

Is 'breakback trap' defined anywhere? Most kill traps work by damaging the spine, so could be said to be breakbacks, and that looks not dissimilar to a Snap-E type in a bait box in function. Or is the problem that it could conceivably be used against squirrels etc?

Not trying to start a row, just curious chaps :)

James

• Like 1

From DEFRA

Certain traps adapted solely for the destruction of rats, mice or other small ground vermin are excluded from this general prohibition. The Small Ground Vermin Order 1958 identified two such trap types. These are spring traps known as break-back traps commonly used for rats, mice and other small ground vermin, and spring traps of the kind commonly used for catching moles in their runs.

They refer to the little nipper, T-Rex type of trap.

From DEFRA

Certain traps adapted solely for the destruction of rats, mice or other small ground vermin are excluded from this general prohibition. The Small Ground Vermin Order 1958 identified two such trap types. These are spring traps known as break-back traps commonly used for rats, mice and other small ground vermin, and spring traps of the kind commonly used for catching moles in their runs.

They refer to the little nipper, T-Rex type of trap.

Yeah I found that too, still not very specific. Good old DEFRA! I can't find a definition anywhere. I'd suggest that these tube types are no more different to T-rex/nippers etc than the talpex/talpa (or the dreaded talpirid :doh: !) is to the 'kind commonly used for catching moles in their runs' in 1958.

James

WELL DONE MATE ,

IF THEY WORK ... AND WORK WELL ............. I WOULD USE THEM .......

OF COURSE YOU WILL GET THE PEDDLERS SCREAMING DEFRA AT YOU ,.... FECK EM !

IVE LEARNT A LOT ABOUT HUMAN NATURE SINCE COMING ON THE NET , AND ONE THING I FOUND OUT SHARPISH WAS THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT WILL DECRY ANOTHERS TALENTS OR USE ANOTHERS INGENUITY IF IT MEANS A FEW SHACKELS IN THEIR POCKETS ..........

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

• Like 4

Are we talking micro seconds? cause i have used the original "tube trap" from wcs and they dont get much better for greys or rats for that matter.

the thing that makes me smile john is i can make a trap for £7 that does a better job than the inported tube trap.

its faster stronger and last longer than the imports..

and the pics i put up wa the first ones i made.gone one to a mark 3 version now and better than the tube trap sold here.happy days i think.

the thing that makes me smile john is i can make a trap for £7 that does a better job than the inported tube trap.

its faster stronger and last longer than the imports..

and the pics i put up wa the first ones i made.gone one to a mark 3 version now and better than the tube trap sold here.happy days i think.

Good luck with your venture, i was just curious as to how your trap killed faster and more humane than the original one?

Makes no odds to me anyway, i dont sell the fuckers :laugh:

For me, this issue is not about people making money from traps, it's about the law.

For anyone to come on here and 'incite' others to break the law by using unapproved traps is out of order.

As previously stated; hats off to the original poster for making something, but please bear in mind that anyone can read this forum and encouraging people to ignore the law will not make any legitimate trapper look good.

The law is the law, whether we agree with it or not, and responsible trappers work within it.

• Like 1