pup yelping

compared to most breeds any longdog have low pain thresholds,my vet once said a dog could have half a paracetamol when in pain,could it have eaten a sharp bone or wood? does he chase stix? if so check the back of his throat,some times the stix sticks in the back of the throat,had this happen to a GSD x once.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In relation to Salukis being soft, my pup is about 1/4 saluki and a right wuss. The other night he ran into the step outside when playing and yelped for about 2 minutes like someone had cut his head off.

Today he ducked under a branch in the field and it must of scratched his back leg, he yelped like he had been stabbed and was limping for 10 minutes. He is fine now.

Don't know if they toughen up as they get older, mine is only 12 weeks so can let him off. My EBT once ran into a lampost at full pace and didn't bat an eyelid, lol.

Gaz

if your near me il check him over im at nottingham,

no mate im in durham..had him to vets couple hours ago..she tried to have my pants down..first she said it looks like menengitus..then [bANNED TEXT] i said i gave him 80mg of paracetamol she said he now needs these liver protection tablets..i just told her no to that..she gave him some type of injection that has made him drowsy but hasnt done nothing with the pain..my mate reminded me of when he jumped over a wall and was after that he went a bit funny, wouldnt walk etc so think he must have pulled a muscle badly or somthing. has any one else had experience that their saluki x over exagerated injurys as my last pup seemed a hell of a lot more hardy at 17 weeks than he does. i noticed since i first got him that the slighest of knocks he would yelp like f**k.

Guest deerhound hunter

seems like the pups having muscle spasoms every so often and hes yelping when they happen. this must be due to over exercise do you agree?

was he doing it before your big walk,if no the more likely it could be of the walk