whippet???

my bitch is directly out of mike browns stock, the sire was son of jake lord of the knight, the dam however is deerhound grey, i watched the father work and couldn't fault the dog, my bitch up onto breaking her leg last year was brilliant, since the break she's hesitant at times but that will go in time, she's sound daytime but went off lamping for a bit.

mike browns dogs are very honest and will have the drive to do what you ask, their coat is worth remembering but working wise you wouldn't want anything better!

I find it amusing when people say mike browns line has drive because the bottom line is every line of whippet i have ever owned or seen in action has had as much drive as the last or next one. The only thing that changes in the lines is the look style and ability they all have the urge to chase and every whippet is capable of catching rabbits. Some lines however have thinner coats and knock up easy others have a more dense coat and take a bump no bother. Its more the way the dog is entered that will determin the way it producess the goods in its working life obviously coat and other factors come into chosing a dog but as i say every line be it show race or working will take rabbits regularly when reared correctly and if run properly.

I am not debating the drive or abilitys of mikes line as they obviously produce regular handy working whippets i just dont feel the need for people to suggest there the only line worth having as a working dog as someone who cant bring one on correctly will fcuk the dog whether its sire won crufts or took bag after bag of rabbits.

I find it amusing when people say mike browns line has drive because the bottom line is every line of whippet i have ever owned or seen in action has had as much drive as the last or next one. The only thing that changes in the lines is the look style and ability they all have the urge to chase and every whippet is capable of catching rabbits. Some lines however have thinner coats and knock up easy others have a more dense coat and take a bump no bother. Its more the way the dog is entered that will determin the way it producess the goods in its working life obviously coat and other factors come into chosing a dog but as i say every line be it show race or working will take rabbits regularly when reared correctly and if run properly.

I am not debating the drive or abilitys of mikes line as they obviously produce regular handy working whippets i just dont feel the need for people to suggest there the only line worth having as a working dog as someone who cant bring one on correctly will fcuk the dog whether its sire won crufts or took bag after bag of rabbits.

Very good points matey. But i would also say mikes lines can take some punishment. My pup went into the freezing river today after some ducks and got himself out (thank god) gave himself a shake and the hunted on. :thumbs:

I agree they sertainly do the job mate i especialy like fence hoppers blue bitch one of the nicest blue's i have seen and i have alot of experience with the breed. As i say the only thing that put me of is the fact there ped is saturated with sooty sam. Even my show ped bitch is happy as larry out in the elements they lie quite happily with no heat and absolutely love the snow. Im alos not a fan of these 22 and 23" whippets people are on about now the bottom line is the breed standard is maximum 21" and the size and shape of alot of the dogs nowadays is very unlike the type of dog the whippet origionaly was.