Finding quarry.........

Only had two dogs that i would give top marks for finding their quarry. My first, believe it or not was a border collie bitch, she was first class at finding rabbits.

My other was a border/beardie/greyhound half cross, he was fantastic at hunting up and finding his quarry. It was lovely to watch him work, nose down, eyes up and cantering along working the scents. I only have ever hunted edible game and have never had much interest in foxes, but my god could this dog find and deal with them, he really does put my present bitch (border collie/greyhound) to shame when it comes down to finding quarry.I have found that some dogs just want to hunt, but others i have owned when the chips are down and theres not much action there quite content to find a stick and not bother working to find a scent.

So i was wondering have you had any particular dog that stood out from the rest that had that natural inbred ability to find game and if so what was the breeding....

Iv got a little bitch here who is the best finding marking dog iv ever had/seen work,

Finding both fur and feather where ever you go, Shes very handy on shoot day picking up injuryed birds or when your out with the air rifle marking Squirrels to trees ect, Good little honest bitch,

To be honest i put it down too the fell hound in her She is Sal/Bull/GhxFhound X Beddy/WhipxWheaton/Gh stands 23'' And another thing this bitch has got is UNREAL stamina .....

post-10949-0-91166900-1290286647_thumb.jpg

The best hunting lurcher i ever saw was a Whippet/collie,nothing could hide from this dog,it had a poor catch rate though-short of pace.The best i owned was a Collie/Grey-Deerhound/Grey,it would jump on top of a wall and air scent,if it carried on into the field you knew it would put something up.

Iv got a little bitch here who is the best finding marking dog iv ever had/seen work,

Finding both fur and feather where ever you go, Shes very handy on shoot day picking up injuryed birds or when your out with the air rifle marking Squirrels to trees ect, Good little honest bitch,

To be honest i put it down too the fell hound in her She is Sal/Bull/GhxFhound X Beddy/WhipxWheaton/Gh stands 23'' And another thing this bitch has got is UNREAL stamina .....

I like her alot, what age is she? She looks like a fine specimen and your obviously happy with her :thumbs:

I like her alot, what age is she? She looks like a fine specimen and your obviously happy with her :thumbs:

She is 4 now, No world beater but keeps me happy just one of the dogs that wear her heart on her sleeve and gives 100% everytime for me, And i cant asked more than that anit the fastest bitch in the world but just fast enough,

Cheers Atb......

Is she from Bolton mate?

Dont know if iam honest got her from a geniune lad called Jak n meg (here and Moochers) And the fella that bred them went by the name Dirty Mole 69 on Moochers iam sure..........

Any Info on the bred..?

My dog and Chid off here's dog Alfie have got the same dam mate.

First pics the mother

jesssideon.jpg

My dog

DSC03922.jpg

DSC04154.jpg

My old bitch was/is a decent finder.

post-32-0-61203200-1290376667_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-41744700-1290376682_thumb.jpg

Not the best foxing dog in the world, but a very good finder of foxes. Her main job as a youngster was ferreting and accompanying me on my pest control rounds, so she certainly got a wide variety of work. I used to love watching her work - best part of the work for me.