Hawks & Ferrets

A fellow has just rang me to know if i would be interested in joining up with him and his Hawks to cover some of his permissions,As i no notting about Hawks or Him dose any 1 no how save Hawks are to work with ferrets or would i be putting my little familys lives at risk and there is no bunnies worth doing that

It all depends if his birds are ferret safe been brought up with them,or he might fly the bird off the fist holding it back when ferret comes out.Lots of people fly birds over ferrets had some cracking sport with harris hawks and redtails in the past :thumbs:

A fellow has just rang me to know if i would be interested in joining up with him and his Hawks to cover some of his permissions,As i no notting about Hawks or Him dose any 1 no how save Hawks are to work with ferrets or would i be putting my little familys lives at risk and there is no bunnies worth doing that

mate of mine does it regular and never had any problems think its quite common really hawk and ferrets working in partnership :thumbs:

Loads of folk do it mate ,but its no for me if my ferrets bolt a rabbit i want it in the bag ,whats the percentage missed or allowed to run another day if your using a hawk ?. THen how many times can a hawk fly at rabbits in a day?.

Loads of folk do it mate ,but its no for me if my ferrets bolt a rabbit i want it in the bag ,whats the percentage missed or allowed to run another day if your using a hawk ?. THen how many times can a hawk fly at rabbits in a day?.

not really a question of numbers is it mate,far more effective ways to consider if you was worried about loosing a few,very noble sport i say and good on the lads that got the time for these hawks because i know i haven't :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've been out today with ferrets and harris hawks. I fly 1 of my mates male harrises we've had a good day out and your right its not about numbers it just great to be out there having a great crack at the bunnys. you havent seen anythig untill you've seen a hawk take a bolted rabbit far more fun than setting nets.

I've been out today with ferrets and harris hawks. I fly 1 of my mates male harrises we've had a good day out and your right its not about numbers it just great to be out there having a great crack at the bunnys. you havent seen anythig untill you've seen a hawk take a bolted rabbit far more fun than setting nets.

Couldnt agree more mate....id imagine compared to a dog catching a rabbit, a bird has a farrrrrrrrrrr better strike rate, not that im bothered, i have a dog, not got time for a hawk