rambo

evening all, i was watching a dvd yesterday called digging with the keepers and there was a bedlington on it called rambo, they were using it as a draw dog, iv heard of it before but just wondered if anyone knows anything about it and how long ago he was working and any lines kept etc... anything really looks a strong dog.atb mexlad.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evening all, i was watching a dvd yesterday called digging with the keepers and there was a bedlington on it called rambo, they were using it as a draw dog, iv heard of it before but just wondered if anyone knows anything about it and how long ago he was working and any lines kept etc... anything really looks a strong dog.atb mexlad.

i saw that on video ten or so more years ago so you could say it,s been around abit

atb chris :thumbs:

rambo was owned by s staley from staffordshire he was a k.c reg bedlington registered name maverick of minkstone

Guest busterdog

Rambo was a pile of shite end of, draw dog ? watch the video again and keep a close eye on him and watch as he goes up a gear as his MATES jump in the dig, second rate dog men with third rate dogs.

Guest busterdog

In all honesty this dog was utter shite, i know ss personaly and just about every one else on the video and if you think thats terrier work then you're best of keeping your beddies, i was asked to give a stud to put some work into these dogs and refused piont blanc. SHITE SHITE SHITE.

Guest busterdog

He died witch was the best days work he ever did :whistling: none of the digs on the video were started by the great Rambo, they dug to the little Lakey type bitch Tarka of D Edwards. All the digs were two foot deep (the limits of both men and dogs) and as i said if you watch it and you know your dogs you will see each dog (there was always more than one) go up a gear when the cavalry arive in numbers lo l :doh:.

Bedlingtons,mainly due to the show fraternity and K.C.,lost their way for a number of years.There is now a concerted effort by a few dedicated breeders,to rectify the situation.There are several decent Beddies about now,Topper on this site will put you straight on that score.Look at the show Lakeys,Blacks and Russels,how many of these will hold their own at the sharp end,this was the ruination of a lot of the Beddys.Have a look on the Working Bedlington Forum,at least these lads are resurrecting the real Bedlington once more.If the reputation of one dog condemns an whole breed,then we are all in sh*t street.

Guest busterdog

Bedlingtons,mainly due to the show fraternity and K.C.,lost their way for a number of years.There is now a concerted effort by a few dedicated breeders,to rectify the situation.There are several decent Beddies about now,Topper on this site will put you straight on that score.Look at the show Lakeys,Blacks and Russels,how many of these will hold their own at the sharp end,this was the ruination of a lot of the Beddys.Have a look on the Working Bedlington Forum,at least these lads are resurrecting the real Bedlington once more.If the reputation of one dog condemns an whole breed,then we are all in sh*t street.

True, but how many bitches were taken to Rambo on false pretences.

I wish you well with the beddies but i won't hold my breath for the once great dog.

stewart owned the dog but john denting bred it but rambos litter brother worked good and its off spring.rambo was my bitches grand father and she would of showed rambo up and the dog i had off rambos litter brother would of.if rambo was still alive now he would of been what 20 or 21.i think on the video he was 18mths or younger.