Am i feeding them to much

I have 6 serious bunny bolters,I feed them lambs hearts ,Beef hearts,Chicken,Beef and Iambs Liver some times i throw them in a trout or some sea fish if i catch any, and of course bunnies when we have them.I dont give them that all at the 1 time now before the funny fuckers reply.But i have noticed that they are putting on serious weight i dont think im over feeding them maybe i am, or can any tell me is any of the feed i named to rich to be feeding them.

They will be putting their winter coats on now so will look a lot bigger. :yes:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, they need a certain degree of fat on them this time of year, they'll burn it off over the winter working and keeping warm. :thumbs:

That does seem like quite a rich diet to me mate, if you can I'd stick to the rabbit and fish...less fat.....or at least cut down a bit if the ferrets wieght is worrying you. Bear in mind they tend to store a bit of fat in the winter anyway and some will store more than others.

ATB

To avoid over feeding i skip a day a week,or just drop an egg or two in with them this keeps mine sharp. ;)

I feed five or six days out of seven. (I don't miss two feeds in a row though..) :yes: I'd miss a day every fortnight with the dogs too if they didn't live in the house, they make the wife feel guilty.. :rolleyes::laugh:

is it ok to feed ferts fish?

ive got a freezer full of trout

Absolutely mate, I started mine on it a couple of months ago and they love it.

Like everything else, just don't over do it or they'll get fed up with it and stop eating it

ATB

nice one longnetter

Iv got 5 ferrets and i give them a rabbit a day between them. The only time i give them anything other than rabbit is if iv not got any rabbit which aint often. All that offal cant be good for them mate. Chicken yes and fish yes (but not to much).

Edited by DogMagic

i wouldn't say so from the diet you describe mate, they should be getting nice thick winter coats on now. my ferrets are big now as I have had them on cat biscuits and fresh rabbit (they have fresh rabbit every day and a handful of cat biscuit) I want to make sure they have plenty of meat on them as it's going to be a cold winter :)

Same here im feeding one rabbit per 5/6 ferrets or roughly the same amount of pigeons ,squirrells etc. As already said they will look heavier at this time of year due to there winter coats but as long as there no obese they should be fine