tx200

kx100

i personally couldn't wait to get rid of my .177 tx200hc because of its weight. i hated it and as a result, will never own an underlever again. pointing it up at the tops of trees was a nightmare, with the reticle waving all over the shop. i'd only recommend this gun of you're built like a brick s**thouse!

I will admit to being a shooter of the noodle-armed variety though.

Edited by darren watson

It's not a fly-weight, the TX200 for certain. It's brilliant as a prone-down static hunter/hide shooting rifle but for stalking and snap aimed shots on the move...I use my HW80! :tongue2:

Sorry guys but I'm 6ft 2in and I really am built like a brick shithouse. The TX200 and HW80 are perfect for my stature and build!

When I think of the PCPs I've shot with and tried, I find most of them TOO light and flimsy.

Cheers

Simon.

Edited by pianoman

The weight issue crops up alot with the TX. I have a TX and TBH was impressed with how light It was. I heard all the shock stories of It's weights a killer but It's really not. Suppose It depends on the shooter though. I'm no shit house but I can see how some don't like them when compared to a S200 say. Same as alot say using a stirrup pump will leave you having a mild hart attack - I find It pritty easy. To me the TX HC feels so nice In the shoulder but make sure you try It out first KX100. With you being a young lad It ma be abit much for you. What scopes on It?

Well put maty!

I own both the Standard length rifle and the HCF carbine versions of this rifle and I must admit to being frankly baffled at the level of complaint of how heavy this rifle is supposed to be. Anyone would think this was like hauling a field weapon.

It's about the same as a military rifle -about 9lbs 9oz Scoped up. My 14 year old son Josh is a slightly built lad and he's shot and actually killed his first rabbit with my left hander TX200HC .177. And he's a right handed lad shooting it off his right shoulder.

I am a big fella and the heft this rifle, I find, is what helps make it almost perfect. :thumbs:

Edited by pianoman