List to do before you die....

The list was going to be titled what to do before 30 but It would be abit limited to who can reply so thought I'd open It to all. What do you really want to do before you die then? Add as many thing as you like to the list.

For me the only thing I really would like to do Is sky dive. I've always fancied It amd watching them on I'm a celebrity has led me to post this. Looks a right buzz :D

It's a risk John. If It wasn't you wouldn't get such I buzz I bet. I'll only be looking at doing a tandom jump, don't trust myself and havn't a clue what to do! sometimes you have to scare yourself :thumbs:

So what was on your list that you've done then Stig?

Strange I don't fancy anything like that OTC. Maybe when I get abit older I'll think of some less adventurous things to do.

Strange I don't fancy anything like that OTC. Maybe when I get abit older I'll think of some less adventurous things to do.

These days I want to do 'better' things than I have done in the past

Each to his own ...

OTC

Edited by OldTrapCollector
  • Like 1

It's a risk John. If It wasn't you wouldn't get such I buzz I bet. I'll only be looking at doing a tandom jump, don't trust myself and havn't a clue what to do! sometimes you have to scare yourself :thumbs:

So what was on your list that you've done then Stig?

It's a risk, for sure. My sister, Beverley did a tandem jump with her hubby Kev, who's an instructor with years of experience. They jumped from about 13,000 ft [ if memory serves ] and both 'chutes failed. Miraculously they survived, but their injuries, especially Beverley's because Kev landed on her, were awful.

I reckon if you want to scare yourself, watch a horror movie. At least you'll never need bone grafts after.

The list was going to be titled what to do before 30 but It would be abit limited to who can reply so thought I'd open It to all. What do you really want to do before you die then? Add as many thing as you like to the list.

For me the only thing I really would like to do Is sky dive. I've always fancied It amd watching them on I'm a celebrity has led me to post this. Looks a right buzz :D

Lose some bloody weight :icon_redface::laugh:

I understand OTC, That's what this threads about, getting individual ideas. I'm still youngish so trying to do all the crazy stuff before I get too old and sensible :D

How did they survive a free fall from 13k feet Bert? :blink: I can only imagine what the injurys must of been like and they sound lucky to be alive!

I understand OTC, That's what this threads about, getting individual ideas. I'm still youngish so trying to do all the crazy stuff before I get too old and sensible :D

How did they survive a free fall from 13k feet Bert? :blink: I can only imagine what the injurys must of been like and they sound lucky to be alive!

Beverleys 'chute failed completely and when Kevin deployed the emergency 'chute, that only partially opened. It only slightly slowed them down from maximum velocity. Neither of them expected to survive the impact. The jump was a charity thing in France, and the French surgeons who treated them were baffled and astonished by the pairs survival.

Their tale was reported in all the papers over here.

are they ok now ?

Well i suppose that depends on how you define " ok ". Beverley limps badly, lives with constant pain, and has scar tissue, from multiple operations, all over what were previously awesome pins. BUT, she's alive, and that in itself is pretty amazing.

Kevin fared slightly better, but his shattered foot/ankles/knee and fractured pelvis give him a lot of pain now. He still jumps though. Go figure, ah ?