Posted on behalf of Mother :)

My Mum is due to move in the next couple of months and is looking for a companion dog to take with her...Must be small/Med sized..Scruffy looking/broken coated,Pref not too yappy,Exellent with other dogs due to me having a grey,sex,age,background unimportant,she will consider ex working dog.

To be in loving family home for life will be spayed/castrated once settled.

Prefrebly in Lancashire as she does not drive :no:

Many thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:unsure: What's up with the Rescue Kennels, FDs? Plenty of poor sods there, and ye Mum can get to look at them first hand too.

Oh, and those ones already have nothing to lose - if ye catch my drift?

Thanks lads a rescue dog would be her first and foremost choice :thumbs-up: But...It is a ground floor flat and most rescue's would not accept this :no:

Although i am also in the ground floor flat next door without a garden too and my boy dosnt complain..He gets daily walks along the seafront ect and every couple of hours a loo break and a free run on the beach/field when his legs will allow it..He is also I.D tagged at all times - even when just for a loo break...But you know what some rescues can be like..admittedly for the dogs own good but it does put many off ...will take a mooch anyway :thumbs-up:

Edited by FastDogz
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Fair comment, FDz. No arguement from me there. I hadn't thought of that :(

Yeppers, I once put in for a Rescue SBT. I'd just lost my last one and figured I'd give some poor little f*kka a permanent and happy home. Everything was going swimmingly ~ I've decades of ownership experiance around the Bull 'n Terrier types. Owned a house with good garden ~ and the then wife and I were all set. Then came the crunch line; Both the wife and I were in full time employment. We worked differant shifts. Were bringing in a mint. Had everything to offer a Dog could want. BUT there's be that few hours out of 24 in a day when niether of us would be at home. End Of!

And yet, I suppose, some kiddie on the dole, living with mum and dad? They'd hand over a Dog in a flash? And he'd be struggling to feed it. Then the govt. would put him on a 'Scheme' and his parents would kick him out into bedsit land ......

Not everything's written in stone, except some of these Dog Rescue peoples rules. And it's just niether a practicle nor a good thing, in my honest opinion.

Best of luck in pulling one through from elsewhere.