NEW 4X4 WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS GO FOR

LOOKING FOR YOUR HELP GUYS LOOKING AT A NEW 4X4 ASAP WITH A BUDGET OF AROUND SIX K MUST BEEN COMFY RELIABLE GOOD ON JUICE AND GOOD OF ROAD NOTHING TO SERIOUS JUST TO GET AROUND THE SHOOT TO FEED ETC AND BIG ENOUGH FOR THE DOGS GUNS KIDS ETC. BEEN LOOKING AT A ISUZU RODEO BUT REALLY CANT FIND ONE WITHIN MY BUDGET ALSO BEEN KEEPING AN EYE ON THE LANDCRUISERSS AS THEY SEEM TO BE GOOD NEWS AND DONT WANT TO BE FIXING IT EVERY WEEKEND SO WHAT YOU GO FOR ????

i have a 98 nissan patrol and i love it, but if you do decide to look at these dont get a 3 litre as they suffer cracked pistons and they have been known to crack again 20,000 miles after rebuld..

spend wise as its easyier to get rid of money than it is to get it..

It might even be worth looking at 4x4's that are petrol with an LPG conversion as long as you have an lpg filling station near by. mitsubishi L200 double cab's can be picked up real cheap in the V6 form, from experience it would be best to find a reputable LPG fitting garage close to you. It should cost around £1600 for a full system to be fitted so deduct that from your budget to spend on the actual 4X4. If you got 22mpg out of the 4x4 on petrol it would work out to be around 35-40mpg on LPG because it is around 55-60p per liter. Just remember you cant go through water above the height of the wheel arches.

Thanks for the replys please keep them coming.Just been looking at the shogun sports with the lpg fiited seem good value for what you are getting but im not sure how reliable these lpg systems are ill see if i can find out some more info also theres talk of our new frendly goverment putting tax on lpg looks like there going to rob us every other way they can.

You will not save money on fuel on any decent 4x4. They all drink, there's a lot of metal, weight to move. Landcruisers are big engines, maybe get a share with BP if you buy one of them.

Land rover will get you anywhere as well as home, rugged, a little bouncy, real power houses. L200's are comfy, good heaters, lots of room inside the cab and boot. With decent tyres they will perform off road too.

If you really want 100% comfort, then maybe go for an estate car?

For 6k, there will be a fair few out there to buy, and not all rubbish as well. With all these cuts and redundancies, now is the time to buy, and a good buy it will be.

Good luck.

LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5......

If it was my money I would choose from one of these.

LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5..LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2 TD5......

If it was my money I would choose from one of these.

Agreed :thumbs::toast:

Been looking at td5s for ages but i cant find one in budget with decent miles in my area or close would certainly go for one

I would keep looking mate,its got everything you want.You will find one.I wouldn't buy any other tool but thats me.good luck