horses and pheasants

:thumbdown: Miller stop acting the arse, what harm are they doing riding horses over land? None I know this as a Horse Rider and an Ex Keeper.

It's a all about power with folk like you's, it goes to your heads and you act like you own the place!

It's arsehole harassing folk on horses that get people killed or seriously hurt.

Head cases like you's shouldn't have gun with a mentally like that.

"Folk like you"............. :wallbash: ..Probably 1 of the most annoying statements that always seems to raise its head on here.

Look the guy has said its not a bridle path and he doesn't want the horses going over that piece of land, there plenty other places for them to go so they should do so. But you will find out quite quickly that its more like the "horsey folk" who think that they rule the roost and can please and choose wherever the decide to go. f*****g annoying :censored:

what a hypocrite :whistling: . . . .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown: Miller stop acting the arse, what harm are they doing riding horses over land? None I know this as a Horse Rider and an Ex Keeper.

It's a all about power with folk like you's, it goes to your heads and you act like you own the place!

It's arsehole harassing folk on horses that get people killed or seriously hurt.

"Folk like you"............. :wallbash: ..Probably 1 of the most annoying statements that always seems to raise its head on here.

Look the guy has said its not a bridle path and he doesn't want the horses going over that piece of land, there plenty other places for them to go so they should do so. But you will find out quite quickly that its more like the "horsey folk" who think that they rule the roost and can please and choose wherever the decide to go. f*****g annoying :censored:

I wrote it like that for a reason.......it obviously worked :tongue2:

i woork as an underkeepe on 6000 acres and becouse itsin lambourn we do get a fair amount of people riding horses where they shouldnt be . . . . and 9 times out of 10 if your polite to them and tell them WHY you dont want them going there most of the time they feck off and dont do it again . . . but there always someone who would rather stand and argue . . .

well arnt you clever :boogy:

i woork as an underkeepe on 6000 acres and becouse itsin lambourn we do get a fair amount of people riding horses where they shouldnt be . . . . and 9 times out of 10 if your polite to them and tell them WHY you dont want them going there most of the time they feck off and dont do it again . . . but there always someone who would rather stand and argue . . .

Was picking up last week and the drive had just started when 2 women on horses went passed and were shouting for the drive to be stopped till they got passed......how about "Get tae f**k" :wallbash: Trying to get birds to stop flushing might just be a bridge to far for the keeper..... :laugh:

Not extra clever it just your not very bright......... :boogie:

Not extra clever it just your not very bright......... :boogie:

hahahaha yeah mate if you say so . . . .

are you sure its 6000 acres,id say barely 1/2 of that mate..

bloody underkeepers always at home on the computer when they should be out working :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Well here is the thing, Horse Riders have right responsible to access whether you like or not read the outdoor access code for where you stand as landowner or land manager and where the public stand whether they are walking or horse riding or whatever they have right of access to enjoy the countryside as much as anyone.

As others have said if you talk reasonably with people they would likely work with you, this were all the power hungry freaks really fall down because they are completely unreasonable, making outlandish statements, totally exaggerating the level of disturbance to game when in reality the disturbance is minimal to none.

You can even make good use of folk riding, walking etc to 'dog' birds back from boundaries etc by simply asking people if would mind doing there route in reverse or suggesting reasonable alternatives.

As for the not being able to stop of a drive, what load of crap. Sure you can't just instantly stop birds flushing, but you can all stop in line just to give a window of opportunity to allow the riders to get clear. Nothing would guaranteed but at least it would be courteous to try.

But the real fact of the matter is that most pheasants or deer don't even bat an eyelid at horse riders, the reality is the disturbance thing blown completely out of proportion as an excuse to keep people of land.

Well here is the thing, Horse Riders have right responsible to access whether you like or not read the outdoor access code for where you stand as landowner or land manager and where the public stand whether they are walking or horse riding or whatever they have right of access to enjoy the countryside as much as anyone.

As others have said if you talk reasonably with people they would likely work with you, this were all the power hungry freaks really fall down because they are completely unreasonable, making outlandish statements, totally exaggerating the level of disturbance to game when in reality the disturbance is minimal to none.

You can even make good use of folk riding, walking etc to 'dog' birds back from boundaries etc by simply asking people if would mind doing there route in reverse or suggesting reasonable alternatives.

As for the not being able to stop of a drive, what load of crap. Sure you can't just instantly stop birds flushing, but you can all stop in line just to give a window of opportunity to allow the riders to get clear. Nothing would guaranteed but at least it would be courteous to try.

But the real fact of the matter is that most pheasants or deer don't even bat an eyelid at horse riders, the reality is the disturbance thing blown completely out of proportion as an excuse to keep people of land.

Well written but utter tosh...... :yes:

Later in the season the noise of people talking is enough to empty a drive of birds, simple as that. FACT!!!!

And here lies the problem........this right to roam pish, shocking :censored: When someone is asked not to go somewhere they should respect the wishes of the land owner, whether its on a horse or on foot. More so in the shooting season.

There are plenty of folk out there who ride horses that are quite happy to come and go with landowners/keepers and there are plenty who want to push forward the law, which is wrong in my eyes :thumbdown:

Oh and i'd really like to see you stop a shoot of a decent size half way through when flushing, why should you want to anyway. If i had a horse that was frightened of gunshot then i would be nowhere near a shooting estate.

Later in the season the noise of people talking is enough to empty a drive of birds, simple as that. FACT!!!!

And here lies the problem........this right to roam pish, shocking :censored: When someone is asked not to go somewhere they should respect the wishes of the land owner, whether its on a horse or on foot. More so in the shooting season.

There are plenty of folk out there who ride horses that are quite happy to come and go with landowners/keepers and there are plenty who want to push forward the law, which is wrong in my eyes :thumbdown:

Oh and i'd really like to see you stop a shoot of a decent size half way through when flushing, why should you want to anyway. If i had a horse that was frightened of gunshot then i would be nowhere near a shooting estate.

Well the estates I worked on where as big and commercial as they come especially the last place I worked on so I think I know what I am talking about thanks all the same.

If too many birds flush you stop every man or dog moving, talking, tapping sticking etc till the flush stops and the birds settle and inevitable they will and that is a fact.

Your trying to tell me what birds do and don't do when they have been my full time ocupation and life, just like all these wannabe keepers tried do when I've had run ins with them when I've been either out walking or riding. It just does not wash with me, I know when someone is talking crap or not when it comes to pheasants and roe. 90% of what Keepers say to the public to keep them off the land is nonsense nothing more than wildly exagerated excuses.

The old days are long gone better move with the times.

Well the estates I worked on where as big and commercial as they come especially the last place I worked on so I think I know what I am talking about thanks all the same.

If too many birds flush you stop every man or dog moving, talking, tapping sticking etc till the flush stops and the birds settle and inevitable they will and that is a fact.

Your trying to tell me what birds do and don't do when they have been my full time ocupation and life, just like all these wannabe keepers tried do when I've had run ins with them when I've been either out walking or riding. It just does not wash with me, I know when someone is talking crap or not when it comes to pheasants and roe. 90% of what Keepers say to the public to keep them off the land is nonsense nothing more than wildly exagerated excuses.

The old days are long gone better move with the times.

I might know a little bit about pheasants too.......... :yes:

Are you saying people walking or on horseback riding past drives wont move on birds........ :hmm: