Harrier hound x Cocker spaniel

your only looking at the good points from dam/sire. You could end up with a hound that has lungs the size of a cocker. JMO.

I see what you are saying although a good fit cocker can work solid all day as long as you take a few mars bars in case it starts going in to hypoglysemic shock. Its a bit of a toss up really as a foxhound is a little bit big and a Beagle isnt a choice i personally favour and a straight Harrier would be a little to quick over open land when on scent, thats why i was wanting to know what the cross is like from experience of owning and working them.

What a load of sh1t.

your only looking at the good points from dam/sire. You could end up with a hound that has lungs the size of a cocker. JMO.

I see what you are saying although a good fit cocker can work solid all day as long as you take a few mars bars in case it starts going in to hypoglysemic shock. Its a bit of a toss up really as a foxhound is a little bit big and a Beagle isnt a choice i personally favour and a straight Harrier would be a little to quick over open land when on scent, thats why i was wanting to know what the cross is like from experience of owning and working them.

What a load of sh1t.

Any positive input rather than just saying, WHAT A LOAD OF SH1T.

I would of thought that a well experienced dog man of your calibre would have more positive comments to put down, hasnt your father been with a vermin club for many years or am i wrong on that, if not then i thought you would know more on the subject to give something informative back.

Edited by webby

What a load of sh1t.

I would of thought that a well experienced dog man of your calibre would have more positive comments to put down, hasnt your father been with a vermin club for many years or am i wrong on that, if not then i thought you would know more on the subject to give something informative back.

Belive me there are alot better dog men out there than me, who do more and know more.

Your right my dad does run a few hounds for a gun pack. They have 4 welsh hound x springers all from the same litter.

In my opinion they dont have the wind of a hound and burn out on a warm day. 3 of them look like big spaniels and the other looks like a welsh hound.

I dont think the spaniel brings anything to the table for what they are used for. Terrier x Beagle or straight beagle would be my choice as a ratching type dog.

What a load of sh1t.

Belive me there are alot better dog men out there than me, who do more and know more.

Your right my dad does run a few hounds for a gun pack. They have 4 welsh hound x springers all from the same litter.

In my opinion they dont have the wind of a hound and burn out on a warm day. 3 of them look like big spaniels and the other looks like a welsh hound.

I dont think the spaniel brings anything to the table for what they are used for. Terrier x Beagle or straight beagle would be my choice as a ratching type dog.

Thankyou for a sensible,honest, informative and Gentalmanly reply. I know you do well enough with what you have and as long as it makes you happy thats all that matters. I spoke to a couple of huntsmen and they suggested springer if it was a cross breed that was to be used. The two main things i see in the cross is that the spaniel brings obedience and with reducing the size it slows them a little as they would be hunted on foot over open fell and moor, rock,crag heather gorse and wood .

Edited by webby

What a load of sh1t.

:clapper: webby you feckin crack me up..

What a load of sh1t.

:clapper: webby you feckin crack me up..

Glad u laughed but if u dont ask other peoples opinions then you dont find out from the wider veriety of people that are out there working their hounds and hound x's how the different types work. ive done some more research and made a few calls and with the positive comments that i have had im going to be looking for some beagles or beagle x fox hounds or x welsh hound or a mixture and maybe 1 couple of bitche from one litter and another from a different litter.

No messin thanks for yor input towards what type you would go for as it did make me think a little

Edited by webby