pointer greyhound

Right rather than start a new thread , thought I'd bump this one as it's what I want to find more out about as I commented a couple years ago .

Lime to know about the various grey /pointer crosses what percentage pointer is most useful and how you rate them I've seen a few and they were good stamp of dog and the boys I met left the bullxs for them your views people

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'd be better off with an English Pointer as the German wire haired Pointer has a lolloping gait, an English Pointer is a lot sharper on its feet and lighter in frame

Havent seen a pointer crossed with a running dog but i have a gp cross labrador and jumps just like any lurcher i ever owned. also heard of a big GWP being used as a draw dog on badger in sweden

Strange how gundog breeds havent been used more in the creation of working type lurchers.

Posted Images

mate of mine bred this x 6 years ago every pup out of the litter done the job , after load of other lads from wales got onto him to do the line again he did every pup went to wales and the feed back to this date is all good. i witnessed a one kill its first fox at 11mths old and and to this date has had god knows how many ,

Right rather than start a new thread , thought I'd bump this one as it's what I want to find more out about as I commented a couple years ago .

Lime to know about the various grey /pointer crosses what percentage pointer is most useful and how you rate them I've seen a few and they were good stamp of dog and the boys I met left the bullxs for them your views people

must be the wrong bullxs then. As for this cross, FR of yorkshire had one that took sika single handed. Next time you see jc ask him to see the pic

mrs dad got working gwp dog pup about 9 months now is monster, never seen a dog with head that size and massive teeth to go with it

You'd be better off with an English Pointer as the German wire haired Pointer has a lolloping gait, an English Pointer is a lot sharper on its feet and lighter in frame

• Like 1

mate of mine bred this x 6 years ago every pup out of the litter done the job , after load of other lads from wales got onto him to do the line again he did every pup went to wales and the feed back to this date is all good. i witnessed a one kill its first fox at 11mths old and and to this date has had god knows how many ,

would that be a GWP he used?

We have a 6 year old GWP/ Greyhound cross. He was bred by a chap from Cleator in Cumbria.

His Sire is a big GWP and his Dam is 5/8 GWP/3/8 Grey.

He is a big strong dog...very, very obedient and incredibly quick to learn. He flushes through any cover...any at all....nothing stops him and he will take foxes single handed during the day (pre ban). He also rabbits and although not quite as fast as the other Lurchers, he can catch them and does regularly.