Guest Ditch_Shitter
need a electric dog collar for my spanial :angry:

You sure that's what ye want, mate? I mean, maybe it's just me but, I've never really thought that, " Need an electric collar " and " :angry: " sit too well together.

I suppose you've already tried screaming at it. Beating it. Yanking it's head off on a lead? Now you figure blowing it's head off at Max " Stimulation " might finally make the 'stupid animal' do as ye want?

Why not just enjoy the break. Chill out. Leave the 'Dog Training' antics alone. Then, when ye've got over it all, find someone competant and pay Them to teach You how to train a Dog. Perhaps they could make ye wear an electric collar too? Just so's they could reinforce their own point, if they lose their patience with ye?

Probably cost ye less than the next Dog ye'd be looking for; After ye've done with this one and sent it down the line as 'Useless'. And the one after that. And .....

I'm Not trying to be funny ~ and the usual, abusive stuff from third parties washes over me like water off a ducks back ;) ~ but you appear frustrated. Frustration is natural to man. But it telegraphs to Dogs and makes them afraid and confused.

Some of the finest Trainers I know (and I know some of the Finest) will resort to the Zapper. But Only in Very select cases. And NEVER in a state of " :angry: ".

Now: :drink: Then " :) " and calmly reappraise ye future actions around this Dog. Fair enough? :good:

If you stay with a dog and give it experience, in the end it will probably do the same for you. Nothing fails a dog more than a human that will quit on it.

" Or looks for a Shock Collar, out of frustration " ~ 'Ditch Shitter'. 24/12/06

All the best, mate. And good luck with Training ye Dog ~ Like people used to do :yes:

i bought a electric collar for my lurcher after trying other methods ,the problem i had was she was chasing sheep ,now this pup had been taken in the sheep pens when we were working with sheep another thing i done was always put the collies away before getting her out as i felt her seeing the collies bossing the sheep would maybe incourage her to do so .Never did she as much as bother a sheep in the pens so i tried her in a small field with a few rams no problem ,then onto walking around through bigger fields and away she went straight after the fecking sheep so ,a good correcting and on the lead if she looked at them a firm word and a tug on the lead ,this went on for a couple weeks trying her back in pens ect everything fine until she got in the big fields .She never killed any sheep or done any real damage to them and for a good job the farmer is a great friend of mines and encouraged me to keep trying her and not to give up on her ,but a last ditch effort had to be the collar ,first thoughts were if i push the button she is likely to disapear over some hill terrified ,But had to be done and am i glad i got the collar .She has never bothered a sheep since which is great ,This bitch on any other farm around my way would have been shot by a farmer no doubt ,but finally if i was to have another dog with the same problem i would exhaust all other ways before turning to the collar ,i was taught love and kindness traines a dog quicker than beat and belt ,collars should and must be a last resort