Lurcher on run for 13 days

Guest thefirstlurcherbitch

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Grim, there being no sigtings. But they do say 'No news is good news. Dog that size, he'd hardly be over looked if he wound up somewhere untoward. How dreadful, to have to go and look at a dead Dog too ~ praying to god it's some other poor b*stards heart that going to be shattered :no:

F*ck this, 'Bitch. Every time I think of these horrible situations, I think of one of mine out there. I just can't take it. Just the Thought. Not for half a minute, sat here with them all around me, munching their bones. If one of them was lost and running? Just can't get my head round the concept.

Could nets like those help out in future? I'm thinking how Lurchers are more Dogs of council estates than country ones. Figure, when this sort of nightmare kicks off, ye might find yeself in streets as much as fields. If ye could use nets, PM me and I'll start weaving some of my own speciallity ;)

Mheanwhile, it's been too long. Emmigrating, single handedly and at a moments notice, rather distracted me ~ putting it mildly! But I'm getting back into the saddle now. I'm gutted that I never took notice of this Thread earlier - but what's done is done. Sorry. You're talking about traps and traps are my forte. Nets or not, I have something in mind for you, LB. Should have sorted it our a long time ago. I'll look into it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F*ck this, 'Bitch. Every time I think of these horrible situations, I think of one of mine out there. I just can't take it. Just the Thought. Not for half a minute, sat here with them all around me, munching their bones. If one of them was lost and running? Just can't get my head round the concept.

i know what you mean DS. dunno what i'd do without my boy... i live on my own, it's just me, him and the cat most of the time, can't even begin to imagine what i'd do without him.

on a smaller scale, i have a couple of ferrets that i got as babies, and kept them as housepets when i first got them. they're my little babbies... i've had them for 3 years now. i left my best friend looking after them while i went to reading & leeds festivals. on the saturday night she'd managed to not get the top on their run properly, so she put a load of wood on top to keep it down. but we all know how small a gap a ferret can get through.. and both escaped. she managed to catch Eddie, the albino, but Roly, the black-eyed sandy (and my favourite) was missing. she told me when i got home on the monday morning... i spent all that day & the next calling him & setting traps, i was out all night with a torch, i didn't sleep at all for nearly 50 hours. i had eddie out on the harness in the hope he'd sniff him out, the cats were all shut in, the dog wasn't allowed off the lead, i was out with a rifle in case i saw one of the feral cats attacking him... i spent a good hour that monday night screaming obscenities into a pillow & crying, the poor dog couldn't work out what he'd done wrong. i had a shit-fit at my landlord on the tuesday for having all his mates round, with their lurchers wandering about all over the place with no one watching them.

he finally turned up in my Polish neighbours garage on the wednesday morning, thank god they knew what he was, most people's first reaction is "argh! rat! hit it!". i've never been so worried in my life.

i wish you all the best finding Tag. i know what you're going through, its heartbreaking to lose any animal. if i lived in the area, me & my boy would be out looking 24/7. we don't need much sleep...

much love

oz.

Edited by Ossie
Guest peakhound

Thanks everyone for your great support - still no calls about Tag. Don't know whether to laugh or cry: relieved no-one found him dead yet, but can't figure out if he's just gone off into ANOTHER different area where we've not had as much publicity, or whether he's not on the move anymore..... :no:

Feeling a bit flat now, cos can't even run around chasing sightings, cos we not got any!! (At least then you feel like you're doing something). Dog wardens and police staions in 4 counties are sick of hearing from me, cos I keep demanding that they read lists of strays reported in case someone's described him as a doberman/alsation/ type cross (he is black and tan after all!...)

Car crash was the last straw - very nice man ploughed his car into the back of my disco in the snow on a hill. He was very surprised cos his car didn't stop when he braked hard.....

Think they wondered who they'd run into when we gave them a lift down into civilisation (my local pub!) - they had to climb into a vehicle full of home-made dog grabbers, tins of sardines, flasks, spare clothing, leads, dog blankets, and drawing pins for the posters!!!! Good job we weren't putting our make-up on at the time or we'd have smudged our lip stick! Can't believe LB didn't tell you all that her hat even flew off with the impact, that's the bit that made the most impression on her!

DS - Nets, we have borrowed a cargo net type thing off someone's pick-up, was going to put my mind to acquiring a goal net, but had pinned all our hopes on the trap working.

The trap works well, managed to trap my young lurcher in it, so hope we never lose him, cos he won't go in it again!!! But, unless Tag's about it's not much use ...

Thanks again to you all for help and thoughts. Will post any more sightings if we get them.

Guest Lurcherbitch

Well Tag is still alive! I have just got a call from the landlady of the peels arms in padfield and he has been seen twice tonight in there car park. Just phoned peakhound to let her know and we were both in floods of tears. What a bloody roller coaster of emotion.

That is the area where the trap is so lets hope he gives it a visit.

Bloody hell i dont know what mood i'm in. got bloody whiplash and am giving up smoking tommorow. I do choose my moments dont I.

what have you baited the trap with......have you covered it?? i find if it just looks like a den dogs and foxes and cats wander in to see for a bed but will not go in a wire cage?!? if he's hanging round pubs try what they are serving or some of the owners dirtiest sweatiest clothes you can get!! might recognise the smell

good luck with trying get the dog , this is a usefull bit of kit for checking the lay of the land , the arrow is the pub where last seen you can zoom in or out with controls . hope it helps if youve not already tried it http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=...om=0&iwloc=addr edit not a very good link but go on google maps and type in post code should get a full picture

Edited by youth
Guest Lurcherbitch

Oh my god! We think we have found out where Tag is sleeping. Peakhound is going over to case the joint out. He is in the town center of padfield. Shit.......bloody hell......My heart is pounding. f**k gorra go. Will update ya later.

Guest Lurcherbitch

Bloody hell! nothing to report yet!. But trying to home dogs and catch dogs is a bit of a tadoo.

Hopefully I have convinced everyone to come home a dog on sunday and not tomoz (fox hound/greyhound pup got home. so has ugly seeka).

Be assured we will let you know if anything happens.

To mr & mrs Peakhound......... you both are brilliant, cant fault you in any way. see you tomoz.x