Lurcher on run for 13 days

Guest thefirstlurcherbitch

Guest thefirstlurcherbitch

Thers is a lurcher on run, he is 8yrs old, he has lived in a loving home for seven years. he was spooked on fells and been running eversince. he is in the Lydgate,Grotton, Lees, Mossley and Friezland area of Oldham, oh and he Sometimes can be seen in Tintwisstle. Cragman and Fellman are aware of this dog and are keeping an eye out. if you spot this black and tan saluki lurcher could you ring me Julie(sheya greyhound and lurcher rescue, on 07941 026456.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lurcherbitch

We was so close 2 days ago, he moved back into Friezland area yesterday and we are now responding to a call saying he has been sighted in Stalybridge heading towards Motram. This dog origonaly comes from Hayfield so he is very stressed and panicking. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease if any in the area spots him give me a call. thankyou for taking time to read this.

Guest Lurcherbitch
We was so close 2 days ago, he moved back into Friezland area yesterday and we are now responding to a call saying he has been sighted in Stalybridge heading towards Motram. This dog origonaly comes from Hayfield so he is very stressed and panicking. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease if any in the area spots him give me a call. thankyou for taking time to read this.

No sightings today, but not giving up hope, I homed Tag 7yrs ago, he has always (up tilll now) been good off lead. thanks to those ringing me or owners on updates to where he is. ...please keep an eye out. pm to cragman we have eaten rudholph...... need food for newyear.xx

Guest peakhound

No sightings now since Christmas Day. For anyone who knows the area Tag was heading up the main road past Stalybridge Football Ground towards Mottram Cutting. He was then seen later in the afternoon on Matley Lane. We have put more posters out around the area last seen, but heard nothing. Figure he may have passed through, but haven't got a clue where to put posters next.....

Hoping for any calls that can pin him to an area so that we know where to start again!

Thanks to all who are keeping their eyes open!!!!

Guest peakhound

A bit of news....

Tag was sighted on Saturday 30th on the Copley Estate, so at least we've got somewhere to look again now!

Was beginning to lose hope and think he was in a ditch somewhere.

My hubby has suggested "Tag Hunting" as a new sport (I think not, can't stand the stress!!!!).

had a look for a couple of hours tonight

did hayrod,copley ,top & bottom mossley,bits of carbrook & millbrook

still nowt sorry

there are still fireworks going off that wont help

i will have another go tomorrow

swamps

Guest peakhound

Cheers for support swamper (and everyone else who's thinking of us!).

I've spent all day trawling round the estates over that way, too - going to get done for kerb crawling at this rate! Keeper at Brushes did ring me a couple of weeks ago when he first headed over that way from Tintwistle, so I know he is aware. BUT, got home and just sat down after getting sore thumbs from putting posters up and got news of more sightings:

First, near Mottram showground behind the Roe Cross pub, Mottram. Next, (about 10-15 mins later) on the car park of the Gun Inn, Hollingworth. While we were driving around looking we met a woman who saw him in-between!

So, good news is that he's still alive and surviving, bad news is we can't catch up with him.

Funny how he keeps turning up at pubs though! (perhaps I should stop looking and sit in a pub with lurcherbitch until he turns up. Thinking about it, we've tried that one too!!!!!).

PS - he's definitely still got his collar and tag on, not that anyone will be able to read it without a telescope!

Nearly all dogs lose the ability to come when they are called after being out 24 hours or more in a stressful situation: they revert very quickly to being wild and just trying to survive: so don't try calling him if you see him.he'll probably just run off. Try and take other dogs with you, preferably a type or dog he knows/recognises: it has worked for me in the past when I was involved in rescuing dumped lurchers. If anyone spots him, start messing about with the dog you have with you, playing with it, talking to it: completely ignore Tag: hopefully he will settle down and his own domesticated instincts will come to the fore again and remind him of his home comforts etc. Also, try sitting down if he seems afraid to approach you: less threatening that way. Hope this helps.