what cartridge should i use for ducks

Hi lads and birds just asking the question,What cartridge should i use for ducks in my 12g.Its over a pond river and field.

cheers. :thumbs:

36gram 5's always works for me :thumbs:

What about my chokes what should they be.

And for my gun it is a BETTINSOLI DIMOND and has been tested for steel shot it got it written on the side of the barrels.

Has anyone els got one of these guns?What is your verdict.

your gun will be proofed for steel if its been stamped , dont shoot no more than 1/2 choke through your gun if your using steel ,there is loads of average loads about in steel , but the one with great reviews is the RIO STEEL , i have been using these myself and i have to say they are a good steel cartridge....

when steel first came about alot of the boffins recommend that you should drop 2 shot sizes from what you were using in lead , so if you were using 6 shot drop to 4 shot and you will not go far wrong ....:thumbs:

your gun will be proofed for steel if its been stamped , dont shoot no more than 1/2 choke through your gun if your using steel ,there is loads of average loads about in steel , but the one with great reviews is the RIO STEEL , i have been using these myself and i have to say they are a good steel cartridge....

when steel first came about alot of the boffins recommend that you should drop 2 shot sizes from what you were using in lead , so if you were using 6 shot drop to 4 shot and you will not go far wrong ....:thumbs:

what he said.....lol

top advice from the "duck meister"

RIO.......are cracking cartridges

EXCELLENT advice mate thanks.

Really appreciate that mate cheers.

Ill let you know how i get on saturday and put a few pics up.

Cheers again.

just to add i recently found out although my beretta 391 is proffed for steel it cant fire 3inch magn steel loads so need to stick with the standard steel sheels, what i was told a lot of guns can fire 3inch lead magn loads but not steel magn loads

just to add i recently found out although my beretta 391 is proffed for steel it cant fire 3inch magn steel loads so need to stick with the standard steel sheels, what i was told a lot of guns can fire 3inch lead magn loads but not steel magn loads

Try THESE here. The steel are on the last page.

Edited by Wildfowler