hare and the swift hound

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sour grapes spring to mind

not be long till its worth double the price you pay now.

Hi Guys.....Thanks for the kind words, the book did take a bit of doing and ,although theres a few minor things i dont like, i am quite pleased. I cannot take all the credit myself, i have a list of acknowledgements in the back for those that helped me.

Its a fine line knowing how many words to put in a book, and yes, i suppose some may call it a 'photo book' as, truthfully, there are only a handful of articles. But i wanted this book to be a visual treat for those who love to see running dogs in action against the mighty Brown Hare, one on one.

If i do another then there will be many more words, and i have done several interviews for it already, so in the next 3 or 4 years watch this space!

This is by no way an advertisement, but i also have the Nick Stevens autobiography out in three weeks, it will only ever be issued once and will not be reprinted. Its about 190+ pages and, i think, a very good read into the life of a secretive man, looking into the background of the terriers he became famous for. Lots and lots of writing in this one, so worth getting a copy to read or to drop on ebay once they have sold out.

As some have mentioned i am also in the process of producing a book on the history of deer hunting with lurchers, but that is at least a year away. But i can promise lots of writing and lots of pics too of lots and lots of pre-ban deer coursing. I plan on that one too being a limited edition and numbered, with maybe an accompanying booklet, or something special to go with it. look

Thanks for the support people, and i know that £33 alot of money for a book, especially in todays climate, but i think it will double its value in the year. And, likewise with the postage, i charge £5 which is a lot of money, but it actually costs me £7.20!, but i do not think its fair to charge that much, so a fiver it is. Anyway, sorry to bore, good hunting to everyone this season...cheers JD :victory:

good book darcy i was thinkig what you have said me loveing coursing as doing it since age of 13 and 34 now thought maybe pics of dancer foxy etc and how they are bread like fr instance it all started from merlin eve more info on these there are and was a lot of well know dogs out there so i look forward t the next book hopefuly covering some of these aspects a top book and a credit cheers

Hi Guys.....Thanks for the kind words, the book did take a bit of doing and ,although theres a few minor things i dont like, i am quite pleased. I cannot take all the credit myself, i have a list of acknowledgements in the back for those that helped me.

Its a fine line knowing how many words to put in a book, and yes, i suppose some may call it a 'photo book' as, truthfully, there are only a handful of articles. But i wanted this book to be a visual treat for those who love to see running dogs in action against the mighty Brown Hare, one on one.

If i do another then there will be many more words, and i have done several interviews for it already, so in the next 3 or 4 years watch this space!

This is by no way an advertisement, but i also have the Nick Stevens autobiography out in three weeks, it will only ever be issued once and will not be reprinted. Its about 190+ pages and, i think, a very good read into the life of a secretive man, looking into the background of the terriers he became famous for. Lots and lots of writing in this one, so worth getting a copy to read or to drop on ebay once they have sold out.

As some have mentioned i am also in the process of producing a book on the history of deer hunting with lurchers, but that is at least a year away. But i can promise lots of writing and lots of pics too of lots and lots of pre-ban deer coursing. I plan on that one too being a limited edition and numbered, with maybe an accompanying booklet, or something special to go with it. look

Thanks for the support people, and i know that £33 alot of money for a book, especially in todays climate, but i think it will double its value in the year. And, likewise with the postage, i charge £5 which is a lot of money, but it actually costs me £7.20!, but i do not think its fair to charge that much, so a fiver it is. Anyway, sorry to bore, good hunting to everyone this season...cheers JD :victory:

good book darcy i was thinkig what you have said me loveing coursing as doing it since age of 13 and 34 now thought maybe pics of dancer foxy etc and how they are bread like fr instance it all started from merlin eve more info on these there are and was a lot of well know dogs out there so i look forward t the next book hopefuly covering some of these aspects a top book and a credit cheers

HI, Yes, in future books of this nature, IF i do one, there will be more interviews and a look back into the days right at the very start of it all. I have some interviews done, but more still to do. :victory: Thanks for the kind words everyone. JD

collected mine from the po today

it is a unique book.......a masterpiece of fieldsports and wildlife photography

the pic "airborn".........is technicaly perfect and the book deserves credit of the highest order to its author and photographer :notworthy:

well done jd

you will become a man of legend