Best Boxing Bouts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing! The War. Round 1 (greatest round of all time?) Cheers, D.  

A great fight is a great fight in any era ,it's a bit like any sport ,science and technology have improved conditioning beyond compare ,but when you've see something special it stands the test of time

To me Hagler was the greatest middle weight ever.  Hagler V Carlos Monzon would have been epic.  Not the greatest boxer (just nit picking here) but very composed, very tough and a killer ins

Posted Images

Seen many good fights over the years, some of which have been mentioned above, but for me, my all time great at any weight has to be the Ali/Frazer Manilla fight, fighting in rediculous tempratures and humidity, both fighters showing great skill, taking huge shots, and pretty much being taken to the extreme of human endurance, yet neither willing to give in. If you had to show a man what gameness means, then you would'nt go far wrong showing him this fight, frazer fighting pretty much blind in the last couple of rounds, having to be physically guided back to his corner at the end of the 14th! Ali collapsing in his corner moments after being pronounced the winner. all in all, a 1st class display of boxing ability, endurance and out and out heart...

Yokel

• Thanks 1

Sugar ray leonard taking the light heavyweight title of donny la londe.

La londe tries using his extra weight and power to batter him, and does just that for awhile, then he gets welcomed to the gates a hades, and leonard eats him.

leonard had never fought above middleweight upto that point.

Leonard showed he was a true fighter with the killer instinct he showed to finish him off.

Leonard v Haggler.

A boxer returning from retirement giving a hard nut puncher a boxing lesson, class fight even though alot didn't agree with the result, But I still think Leonard edged it by sheer punches landed :notworthy:....

Leonard showed he was a true fighter with the killer instinct he showed to finish him off.

Bullshit !....Lalonde was one of the worst champions in the history of the division,Leonard showed his age in this fight getting kocked down and tagged more than once,weight wasnt a factor either.The best fight Leonard was in was the first Hearns fight.

All great fights , but the two Olivares/Castillo fights stick out for me , maybe because they were the first great fights I saw as a kid .Alan Rudkin was from Liverpool 8 ,because he was local I idolised him as a kid .He was buried last friday .ATB

I know he was found in the street but any idea what he died from stainlee ? nothing suspicious i was told.

Leonard v Haggler.

A boxer returning from retirement giving a hard nut puncher a boxing lesson, class fight even though alot didn't agree with the result, But I still think Leonard edged it by sheer punches landed :notworthy:....

Couldnt agree more Jasp....if i remember right there was a 118-112 score from one of the judges which i thought was about right,pretty convincing win really.

Bullshit !....Lalonde was one of the worst champions in the history of the division,Leonard showed his age in this fight getting kocked down and tagged more than once,weight wasnt a factor either.The best fight Leonard was in was the first Hearns fight.

jaysus Gnasher yer a hard man to please, Leonard certainly looked the smaller man to me. I seem to remember from the Tyson thread that you rated Lennox, personaly i thought he was mediocre, oh he could box alrite but he always seemed a little over cautious to me.

I suppose this thread realy comes down to peoples favourite fighters.

The glorious rnd 9 gatti ward, this wasnt even a title fight.

Nothing to do with favorites mate i dont have favorites,i liked Leonard he was a fantastic fighter,but we all get too old to do what we are best at and getting caught by a very average fighter like Lalonde was something Leonard would never have done earlier in his career.Watch the fight weight wasnt an issue he had no excuses getting caught like that with a fighter who wouldnt have laced his boots a few years earlier.

Yes i rated Lewis,he was a good world champion who wouldnt rate him :blink:.....theres no such thing as over cautious unless it stops you performing,and it never did.....mediocre :icon_eek: ...being mediocre doesnt make you a multi millionaire mate ;)

Cant argue with the Gatti/Ward fight....one of the greatest series of fights in recent times.... 2 very hard very determined men fighting for all the right reasons.

Edited by gnasher16

One of Tommy's better performances! weather he could have demolished a younger Durran like this who knows, but this night was his....

Have to say I realy loved the boxing up until the late 90's - 2000's, after that the sparkle from the the new fighters didn't seem the same! the Leonards, Hagglers, Hearns, and many many more at different weights back then was a different class and well worth watching! not sure how you feel Gnash but the real buzz from the big fights these days seem to have gone :cry:....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJJa5HE-V8&feature=related