Best Boxing Bouts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing! The War. Round 1 (greatest round of all time?) Cheers, D.  

A great fight is a great fight in any era ,it's a bit like any sport ,science and technology have improved conditioning beyond compare ,but when you've see something special it stands the test of time

To me Hagler was the greatest middle weight ever.  Hagler V Carlos Monzon would have been epic.  Not the greatest boxer (just nit picking here) but very composed, very tough and a killer ins

Posted Images

Blimey I don't think I could think of one that I'd say was my favourite, there's too many.

I remember the rematch between Patrick Mullings and Simon Ramoni, that was brilliant fight that was.

Barerra vs. Morales 1 has to be one of them, what a fight. No holding, you hardly seen the ref and they just bashed f*ck out of each other! Brilliant bout.

Trinidad vs. Mayorga was another good bout.

Macklin vs. Moore was a great domestic bout as well.

One of my favourite bouts was the Lennox vs. Rahman rematch. I was Lewis' biggest fan and too see him turn up and box as well as he did against Rahman after being shamefully beaten by him in South Africa was something else. The knockout was pure class. Check it out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjxJ2LH1M-4

What a shot!

FOR ME ...... A FEW FIGHTS WILL STAND OUT

ONE NOT MANY MENTION IS THE EPIC FIGHT BETWEEN DAVE BOY MCAULEY AND FIDEL BASSA . OVER 15 ROUNDS ..... 86 ish ?

TWO GREAT FIGHTS

DUCKWING

Yes,good call that....Bassa was down 3 or 4 times showed balls of steel to come back from that.I always felt a little sorry for Mcauley he always seemed to be in Mcguigans shadow yet was ten times braver than Mcguigan ever was.I remember his shock win to take the title from Duke Mckenzie at Wembley Arena,my old pal Rod Douglas got a first round ko on the undercard to that fight,sadly nobody knew what was ahead when he nearly died next time out against Herol Graham,shame the way it go,s sometimes.

Pretty sure the Mcauley/Bassa fight was 87,they had a rematch that didnt live up to the first a few years later.Good honest fighter Mcauley.

Reuben Olivares against Castillo and the late great Alan Rudin vs Fighting Harada .

Blimey your going back some years now....Olivares fought Bobby Chacon a couple of times in good fights,but the real great fights in them lower weights came about 10 years later when Chacon,Mancini,Boza Edwards,Limon,Bramble were all mixing it.

Alan Rudkin was out of Runcorn was he not ? Bit before my time he was....i heard he was found dead in the street a few weeks back terrible shame.

Reuben Olivares against Castillo and the late great Alan Rudin vs Fighting Harada .

Blimey your going back some years now....Olivares fought Bobby Chacon a couple of times in good fights,but the real great fights in them lower weights came about 10 years later when Chacon,Mancini,Boza Edwards,Limon,Bramble were all mixing it.

Alan Rudkin was out of Runcorn was he not ? Bit before my time he was....i heard he was found dead in the street a few weeks back terrible shame.

All great fights , but the two Olivares/Castillo fights stick out for me , maybe because they were the first great fights I saw as a kid .Alan Rudkin was from Liverpool 8 ,because he was local I idolised him as a kid .He was buried last friday .ATB

Foreman vs. Ron Lyle was a good fight. Not much skill but they battered each other in a great fight.

Going a bit further back Archie Moore vs. Yvonne Durrell (first bout) :icon_eek: excellent bout!

A Domestic bout that really was a battle was the first Michael Ayers vs. Wayne Rigby bout, what a fight :boxing: .

Wayne Alexander vs. Harry Simon was a battle too :good: .

J C Chavez v Meldrick Taylor

Alexis Arguelo v Ruben Olivares

Gatti v Ward

Benn v Mclennan

Who did Marciano beat when his nose was opened to the bone ? Sure someone will know, anyway that one as well.

I think it was either Charles or Walcott. :thumbs: