Best Boxing Bouts

All great fights , but the two Olivares/Castillo fights stick out for me , maybe because they were the first great fights I saw as a kid .Alan Rudkin was from Liverpool 8 ,because he was local I idolised him as a kid .He was buried last friday .ATB

I know he was found in the street but any idea what he died from stainlee ? nothing suspicious i was told.

Natural causes Gnash , heart attack I think , had a great send off , the service was at the cathedral . :thumbs:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing! The War. Round 1 (greatest round of all time?) Cheers, D.  

A great fight is a great fight in any era ,it's a bit like any sport ,science and technology have improved conditioning beyond compare ,but when you've see something special it stands the test of time

To me Hagler was the greatest middle weight ever.  Hagler V Carlos Monzon would have been epic.  Not the greatest boxer (just nit picking here) but very composed, very tough and a killer ins

Posted Images

[quote name='jasper65' timestamp='1287002763' post='1751852'

Have to say I realy loved the boxing up until the late 90's - 2000's, after that the sparkle from the the new fighters didn't seem the same! the Leonards, Hagglers, Hearns, and many many more at different weights back then was a different class and well worth watching! not sure how you feel Gnash but the real buzz from the big fights these days seem to have gone :cry:....

I think its just a generation thing,the period your talking about boxing was watched for free on itv,i just think its easy to lose interest in something thats not easily available.......neither before or after were world title fights seen regularly on tv...

When your as obssessed as i am you dont lose interest :) ....no theres not as many stars,huge fights or household names as before but i can see a great fight in the York Hall Bethnal Green on a Tuesday night just the same as i can see a great world title fight in Las Vegas i get the same thrill from both.

Natural causes Gnash , heart attack I think , had a great send off , the service was at the cathedral . :thumbs:

Nice,.....shame when the heart says no more,especially for someone who had as much heart as he did....god bless the ol boy.

Thanks for letting me know mate.

• 8 years later...

Ward v Gatti 1 2 3, rarely in boxing is a rematch as good as the first fight,these two had three cracking wild fights,two of them being fights of the year (2002/2003).

Corrales v Castillo what a fight and a great come from behind win. Corrales never won again after this fight and unfortunately was killed in a motorbike crash two years later .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MickC said:

Ward v Gatti 1 2 3, rarely in boxing is a rematch as good as the first fight,these two had three cracking wild fights,two of them being fights of the year (2002/2003).

Corrales v Castillo what a fight and a great come from behind win. Corrales never won again after this fight and unfortunately was killed in a motorbike crash two years later .

?

One of my favourite eras was the mid 80,s lightweight division there was some brilliant fights Mancini v Frias,Mancini v Bramble,virtually every Bobby Chacon fight.

Pryor v Arguello,Foreman v Lyle,Gatti v Ward 1 and of course Hagler v Hearns

• Like 1