first red stag

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

took my partner out for her first red stag last week in dumfriesshire. dropped it at 150 yards with the .243 now at the taxidermist, just need a bigger wall. well done babe

Posted Images

big solid woodland stag like that needs a hard hitting heavy bullet to finish it. 100gr soft nose right into the engine and never killed it. needed a second to sort. just my feeling a bigger calibre would have been more appropriate for such beast.

that is one hell of a deer.Your going to think i am thick lol typical woman me,i had never seen a red deer before first hand not even as a kid,i didnt realize how big these things are lol showed i was on the wrong sites in the past.A few weeks ago i was walking through my usual haunt with my staffy,just an early morning walk,when my dog started growling thought oh theres someone either in the bushes,or theres a dog about,not thinking who would be out and about up there at 4 in the morning,so i flased my light over to where she was standing and nearly wet my self well i could use the correct word lol there stood 2 red deer which i looked up in my book cos like i said i had never seen one,honestly they were the size of ponies.I had put my dog on the leash as soon as she had growled and thanked my lucky stars cos i can honestly say i would have had no live dog.They are a lovely looking beast but i think i will stick to smaller things lol,great stuff.