Rescue call today

Hello all

After the 2 digs in the last 2 days the last thing i thought i would be doing today was digging, had a phone call at about 12.30pm today my mate asking me if i could help them they were doing a bit bushing with terriers and a terrier had gone to ground with no locator in a bad spot, i was at work so managed to get away at about 2.30pm got changed and got some gear and took my old bull and terrier flynn the only one that hadnt had any action this week, spit, saw and shovel and locator got there in about 20mins got to spot my mate said the bitch had been in since 11ish that was nearly 4 hours so i had a walk around listen got a rough idea where dog was started to dig and the dog came out, it had been marked up so i decided to let flynn in, collared him up and away he went had a bit hunt about the i could here him on but just steady away and i could hear it was right under a monster tree, got a mark of 0.5 started to dig and couldnt even start tree roots evrywhere and big ones got the pick, saw and spit it took us hours i didnt think we were going to get down but you have to keep going chop and cutting and finally broke through a tiny hole, could hear flynn but still not right up close opened up as much as possible and got flynn out stood quiet for a bit for a bolt no chance must of been wedge up in the roots tight tried opening up a new hole behind no chance, so after opening up more just enough fox was persuaded out :whistling: then dispatched, so after a bad start one very happy mate and got me brownie with him and the farmer :boogie: so might get some more phone calls with a bit luck, as normal a few pics for u lot cheers ATB Simpson10

flynn with the fox

post-36648-012620300 1286303034_thumb.jpg

the dig

post-36648-049681100 1286303054_thumb.jpg

the dig 2

post-36648-048135900 1286303071_thumb.jpg

post-36648-033824100 1286303086_thumb.jpg