Any Woodcock about yet people

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive not seen any yet either. heard a story thats its usually the first full moon in november [bANNED TEXT] they arrive. it called a fall of woodcock because when they arrive theyr absolutly nakerd. not sure if its true or not but thats what ive been told. cheers stevie

talking of snipe was out for ducks on a flood last nite and there was shitloads of them landing around the pond.

never shot at any but got a nice bag of 6 5 mallards and a teal. freezers looking good already this year and im out on a shoot next

sat with my mate.

cant wait

cheers sean

• 2 weeks later...

we moniter them here in Devon and not seen any yet, day or night.....and even if we did its definitely too early to be (morally) shooting them in their newly migrated and light condition :thumbdown: .....give them a chance to get here, get rested and fed.

we moniter them here in Devon and not seen any yet, day or night.....and even if we did its definitely too early to be (morally) shooting them in their newly migrated and light condition :thumbdown: .....give them a chance to get here, get rested and fed.

I agree but i would like as much knowledge as possible before i shoot my first one.

But thanks. :thumbs:

I agree but i would like as much knowledge as possible before i shoot my first one.

But thanks. :thumbs:

seen none yet up heare