L reg suzuki 16v 1.6 vitara jx timing issues

hi all replaced the head gasket today on my L reg vitara also decided to do the cambelt lined up the the e mark with the timing cover at tdc and popped it all back together anyway it wont start at all. afterwards we noticed the cam shaft pulley has got an E at the top of the pulley and an I and then i noticed it has got an E which is upside down and both the E marks have both got notches which is the correct one to use and how do i set about setting the timing at the cam and the distribitor please help

ask a local garage if they have a timebelt book you can borrow, most have a big book with every model in, next time use tipex to make your own marks that way you know its back as it was when you started, and just hope you havent damaged anything....

have a look on the internet, it is the imformation superhighway after all, last month i even found stuff actualy fimed on youtube . so have a look there mine was in a forign language but you just follow what he did on the film :thumbs: