blondie and dancer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean the pup I have out of her which is a year old today? This is a head shot of her aged 8 months......thats Willow put back to a pure saluki.     If you mean Willow at a year old, the origi

Willow, granddaughter of Dancer.

GOOD LUCK WHATEVER HAPPENS D.....::

Posted Images

Yes but there's plenty of well bred dogs that fail to reach what's expected of them. It's a choice between a very good dog which has proved itself or a youngster which promises to be even better.....promises can be broken.

Think you have answered your own question if you get what i mean. :thumbs: wish you all the best in what ever you decided.

To be honest I'm caught on the horns of a dilemma. Willow is in season and T has agreed to breed her. Now my first choice was going to be Collie's dog which is about 4 years old and has loads of 3' and 4's to his credit. He's bred out of the sister of Splodge mated to Del boy (Charlie x Dancer) but has been sold and will be going across the water in a couple of weeks, so the bitch coming in season just now seemed like Divine intervention. But when I spoke at length to Colly he reckons that a young nephew of that dog aged 13 months is shaping better than he was at the same age. It goes against the grain to use such a young dog no matter how well he's flying now.....suppose he quits when the hares go up a gear midwinter? And yet I respect Collie's opinion. He says if it was up to him he'd use the young dog.

Feel free to offer advise......please. :hmm:

Well Bolio you have choices i would say, but i would go with gut instinct, either way its a suck and see job, all the best :thumbs:

To be honest I'm caught on the horns of a dilemma. Willow is in season and T has agreed to breed her. Now my first choice was going to be Collie's dog which is about 4 years old and has loads of 3' and 4's to his credit. He's bred out of the sister of Splodge mated to Del boy (Charlie x Dancer) but has been sold and will be going across the water in a couple of weeks, so the bitch coming in season just now seemed like Divine intervention. But when I spoke at length to Colly he reckons that a young nephew of that dog aged 13 months is shaping better than he was at the same age. It goes against the grain to use such a young dog no matter how well he's flying now.....suppose he quits when the hares go up a gear midwinter? And yet I respect Collie's opinion. He says if it was up to him he'd use the young dog.

Well Bolio you have choices i would say, but i would go with gut instinct, either way its a suck and see job, all the best :thumbs:

thought del boy was charlie x blonde

You're right of course....late night posting..... too many possibilities running unbridled theough an empty cranium! :icon_redface:

You're right of course....late night posting..... too many possibilities running unbridled theough an empty cranium! :icon_redface:

Are you defineately breeding from her?

You see Sniper, that's part of the conundrum. The whole imperative was to get a lining from the Laddie dog before he went to England. That got me in first gear so to speak. Then the notion that the younger dog was shining more brightly moved me up into second. There's a red light up ahead, in that if we're not going to use the older dog then there is no need to rush, as the younger dog will still be available and more proven next year.

I guess it's like looking at the ceiling of the Sistine chapel, whichever part of the masterpiece you focus on looks highly attractive but you need to step back and look at the whole thing to get the full effect.

You see Sniper, that's part of the conundrum. The whole imperative was to get a lining from the Laddie dog before he went to England. That got me in first gear so to speak. Then the notion that the younger dog was shining more brightly moved me up into second. There's a red light up ahead, in that if we're not going to use the older dog then there is no need to rush, as the younger dog will still be available and more proven next year.

I guess it's like looking at the ceiling of the Sistine chapel, whichever part of the masterpiece you focus on looks highly attractive but you need to step back and look at the whole thing to get the full effect.

So is the younger dog staying over there? how are they bred