new ferret a bit nasty

doodles

I have found with an adult that they can bite if they don't know you. Ferrets are very shy of strangers and show it with there teeth. Its best to let him settle in . Don't try and handle him just yet. Instead go in and give him a nice bit of raw meat everyday by hand. Call him over and hand him the meat . He should soon settle down and get used to you as being his provider of food. Once he's settled and happy to run up to you, you can start picking him up. Slowly but shorly is the way to go with new ferrets

First & foremost allow him to settle in his new surroundings .. lots of different smells to get used to .. i usually do that & feed plenty of meat initially ...

Also i wouldnt be rushing him with both hands to pick him up either... just let him know your there & then after a week or so of plently of peace & food he will probably be a lot easier when you start to handle him ..

i wouldnt bother with any of the nose flicking & scruffing advice that will be offered it dont work :laugh:

How old is it ?,just a kit ? if it is mate its only playing put in the ground work now and you shouldn't have a problem when its older

Feed it then handle it ,if need be let it run about the garden ,garage burn some of it energy off then handle it

But plenty of good grub usually settles them down.

I have found with an adult that they can bite if they don't know you. Ferrets are very shy of strangers and show it with there teeth. Its best to let him settle in . Don't try and handle him just yet. Instead go in and give him a nice bit of raw meat everyday by hand. Call him over and hand him the meat . He should soon settle down and get used to you as being his provider of food. Once he's settled and happy to run up to you, you can start picking him up. Slowly but shorly is the way to go with new ferrets

ferrets shouldn't and dont bite strangers mate. wouldn't keep one that did either. they should be finger friendly with anyone