SCOTTISH CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

enjoyed the show today

the dogs that won the show deserved it and at the end of the day there judged on there overall condition on the day not how they work its only abit a fun

end of the day its been said for years there are a large percentage that just have them for shows so if you go you know what to expect     just like Georges dogs never done a real days graft in th

Three terriers in veteran class all from same litter 11 years old all still working fox week in week out Ha Ha OBAN is how you spell it :icon_redface: Some of them have even been up round about OBAN with the SHPA LAP DOGS AYE RIGHT! :bye:

[/quot .why try kid yourself those lapdogs are working terriers is there anyone in your club fit to work a terrier. :kiss: :kiss: :icon_redface:

Three terriers in veteran class all from same litter 11 years old all still working fox week in week out Ha Ha OBAN is how you spell it :icon_redface: Some of them have even been up round about OBAN with the SHPA LAP DOGS AYE RIGHT! :bye:

[/quot .why try kid yourself those lapdogs are working terriers is there anyone in your club fit to work a terrier. :kiss: :kiss: :icon_redface:

the dogs that won the show deserved it and at the end of the day there judged on there overall condition on the day not how they work its only abit a fun :thumbs:

Never a truer word said as I can guarentee you a very very small percentage of dogs that attend shows you could class as out and out or top grade working dogs ....Now before the usual suspect disagree ...its a fact and it is nothing to do with being bitter or bad loser ...but have attended shows for a few years and seen them for what they realy are..... a bit of fun where you win a red rossette to show of to your mates and if that makes you feel better about yourself then craic on but dont come on these sites and pretend that these dog work to a high standard ..... I can guarentee you that the terrier that won would be feeding the daisies if owned by real working terrier lads....nothing against this show but there are working terriers/lurchers and show terriers/lurchers with very very few that fall in both categories

Edited by MOO

the dogs that won the show deserved it and at the end of the day there judged on there overall condition on the day not how they work its only abit a fun :thumbs:

Never a truer word said as I can guarentee you a very very small percentage of dogs that attend shows you could class as out and out or top grade working dogs ....Now before the usual suspect disagree ...its a fact and it is nothing to do with being bitter or bad loser ...but have attended shows for a few years and seen them for what they realy are..... a bit of fun where you win a red rossette to show of to your mates and if that makes you feel better about yourself then craic on but dont come on these sites and pretend that these dog work to a high standard ..... I can guarentee you that the terrier that won would be feeding the daisies if owned by real working terrier lads....nothing against this show but there are working terriers/lurchers and show terriers/lurchers with very very few that fall in both categories

:thumbs: If the owners of the dogs could just admit thay dont see much work people wouldent mind.

now now , lads , lets not get this post into a slagging match , yes i agree , some do , some dont , but if the owners choose not to work there dogs it's their choice, not ours , and vice versa, moo , thanks for not slagging our show, we do try hard to please everyone, not always easy , but we try, the thing is , there's thousands of , lurchers and terriers , that'll never see any work , but it does'nt determine that it's not a good specimen, correct. also , for the owners of working types , it's a lot harder to have them in tip top condition throughout the year , as working , they pick up strains an tears , fact!, where as non working types , are kept looking pristine the whole year through, fact!, -------den

it's a lot harder to have them in tip top condition throughout the year , as working , they pick up strains an tears , fact!, where as non working types , are kept looking pristine the whole year through, fact!, -------den

PRICELESS :doh:

Chancer

I can only think that your user name describes your outlook.

I take it that you thought that both the Terriers and the Lurchers pulled out by the Judges were couch potatoes.

Most working dogs are groomed everyday to remove sundry undergrowth and mud. They are given a good rub down and checked for damage. They are also fed with the best that can be afforded to keep them in good nick.

I didn't see, nor can I comment on the Terriers. You could have hung around to see if the lurchers could manage a gallop.

Can I also add that your comment is why I very rarely bother to look at this site, never mind post on it.

I LEFT JUST BEFORE THE RACEING STARTED I DIDNT WANT TO WASTE THE GOOD DAY THAT

I HAD,,,! AT THE BAR ! I MUST ADMIT MY YUN FELLA WAS IN WITH A WELL WORKED BULL/X

AND THE FELLA THAT HAD BEEN IN RESPONSABILTY OF JUDGING, SAID TO MY LAD (I SEE YOUR

DOG IS WELL WORKED KEEP AT IT.! ) AND NEVER GOT A SECOND LOOK :thumbdown:

NO OFFENCE GUYS DONT WANT TO WASTE WHAT I CALL A GOOD DAY.

YIS CHANCER

now now , lads , lets not get this post into a slagging match , yes i agree , some do , some dont , but if the owners choose not to work there dogs it's their choice, not ours , and vice versa, moo , thanks for not slagging our show, we do try hard to please everyone, not always easy , but we try, the thing is , there's thousands of , lurchers and terriers , that'll never see any work , but it does'nt determine that it's not a good specimen, correct. also , for the owners of working types , it's a lot harder to have them in tip top condition throughout the year , as working , they pick up strains an tears , fact!, where as non working types , are kept looking pristine the whole year through, fact!, -------den

FACT DENN :thumbs: WHY SHOW A LURCHER/TERRIER IN A RING THAT HAS NOT SEEN ANY QUARRY

IN ITS TIME, AM SURE THESE WINNERS OF SHOWS ARE OVER 4/5 YRS OLD ? AND SHOULD ALL BE

PROVEN WORKERS, AND BE PROUD TO WIN LOCAL SHOWS..( NOT WHAT I SEEN ON THE DAY) !

YIS CHANCER

Chancer

I take it that you thought that both the Terriers and the Lurchers pulled out by the Judges were couch potatoes.

Most working dogs are groomed everyday to remove sundry undergrowth and mud. They are given a good rub down and checked for damage. They are also fed with the best that can be afforded to keep them in good nick.

I didn't see, nor can I comment on the Terriers. You could have hung around to see if the lurchers could manage a gallop.

Can I also add that your comment is why I very rarely bother to look at this site, never mind post on it.

I HAD,,,! AT THE BAR ! I MUST ADMIT MY YUN FELLA WAS IN WITH A WELL WORKED BULL/X

AND THE FELLA THAT HAD BEEN IN RESPONSABILTY OF JUDGING, SAID TO MY LAD (I SEE YOUR

YIS CHANCER

Sounds like your just a bad looser chancer

Chancer

YIS CHANCER

:yes: :yes:

Chancer

YIS CHANCER

:yes: :yes:

winners or losers , theres only ever 1 person in the ring happy--- the winner , ffs , we've all had winners and losers, so what , the shows are just fun throughout the summer months-----den

Can't remember seeing a positive post from chancer by name so I really wouldnt worry about him my parents travelled to the show without terriers they'd been working the day before and were due rest but they enjoyed the day met old friends and had a laugh they did'nt feel the need to try and ridicule someone elses hard work time and effort as soon as they got home.THANKS FOR A NICE DAYOUT WITH LIKE MINDED PEOPLE well some of them anyway. Support Your Local Show!it was through the infrastructure of the Terrier clubs particularly in Scotland that we still have terrierwork the NWTF is only as strong as its member clubs and they need the shows to help them survive so if you do'nt like the way a clubs run join it and try and change it. TOO MANY SAYERS NOT ENOUGH DOERS. :nono:

was at the show and cant complane about lurcher res and champ .these dogs have been placed at every show that we have been at so how can all the diffrent judges be wrong.should be folk like me that complaining lol.wel dun again dawn n davie again.as for non working dogs there was a few that showed signs of work on the day.wel done again denned and helpers.thanks for puting the pics up denned lol canny be good at every thing denned eh lol