here is one for you knife collectors and bush craft fanatics

hi all the otherday while i was working. i was using the knife in pictures to split a branch, the guy i was doing a job for came up to me and took a shine to my knife and seemed prety upset about me using it the way i was. as aparently its a vintage knife but to me it surves its perpose of a knife. any how the only the markings on it are wade & butcher sheffield england and some sort of halmark. it has what looks to be marble on the end with lether plastic and what looks like brass to form the rest of the handle and all i no is it holds its edge stupidly well the guy i was doing a job for offerd me £60 for it because of its condition and i said no as its the best do it all knife i have had. so any info on this knife would be nice just out of curiosity and what it would be worth if it was in good condition and why the guy would want to pay a fair amount for a abused knife whats so special about it etc etc

Photo0260.jpg

Photo0265.jpg

Photo0264.jpg

Photo0263.jpg

Photo0262.jpg

Photo0261.jpg

cheers rich

looks similar to a 1950s scout knife my dad used to have.

heres another similar one on e-bay; http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1c15b480f1

and another http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-Early-Case-Tested-XX-Bradford-PA-Address-/150487677090?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item2309c3b8a2

Edited by CarraghsGem

cheers guys but is there any thing special about it or any reason why some one would be prety adiment on having it? i cant find any usfull info about the company or the make of the knife all i found out is that wade & butcher made/make shaving razors

cheers guys but is there any thing special about it or any reason why some one would be prety adiment on having it? i cant find any usfull info about the company or the make of the knife all i found out is that wade & butcher made/make shaving razors

Try sticking a post on British Blades.

Someone on there is bound to give you more info.

Bri

Its going to be cold / carbon steel, which is about a million times better than the stainless shit and looks similar to scout knives i have seen and also a hitler youth combat knife i have seen. Interesting that in the third picture down that looks like a german iron cross (the top symbol).

Its going to be cold / carbon steel, which is about a million times better than the stainless shit and looks similar to scout knives i have seen and also a hitler youth combat knife i have seen. Interesting that in the third picture down that looks like a german iron cross (the top symbol).

The cross is part of the Wade & Butcher hallmark

post-31547-092372900 1285535208_thumb.jpg

Apparently very collectable

The cross is part of the Wade & Butcher hallmark

post-31547-092372900 1285535208_thumb.jpg

Apparently very collectable

There's your answer!

I can see why its your favourite knife. Youre lucky to have it. It looks well balanced and its hard to get good carbon steel like that now unless you use an opinel or or a frost mora but one is a folder and the other has a plastic handle.

When frost more do wooden handles,I'll be a happy man.

ive got a identicle one ,very heavy solid knife,leather banding on the handle as said before about 1950,s personaly i,d have took the 60 quid a very good offer ,mines got BUKTA engraved on the blade

Edited by greg64

ive got a identicle one ,very heavy solid knife,leather banding on the handle as said before about 1950,s personaly i,d have took the 60 quid a very good offer ,mines got BUKTA engraved on the blade

this has no engraving cant even see any remains of engraving or any thing there no point selling it as i will just have to find a knife thats just as good for what i use it for lol