Bull cross or not?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get yourself a bull grey saluki grey haven't seen a bad en yet i have one good speed wind and power and a very loyal dog the half x might not be what your looking for but a 3 quarter grey may be ok for you but how will it be used

ive got a saluki grey x bull grey he is 15 month old took him out last week ran about 30 bunnies on fields with no fences and up and down over banks,general hard ground to catch he got 8,but on the last few runs he got slower and slower until he pulled up and couldnt run anymore would you call this jacked or would u say he kept trying right to the end?he has not done much work and was not out for a few week previous with a pulled muscle

the bullxs that i have seen work, including the one that i own have been good dogs but there down fall has been stamina. my bitch will hunt cover all day like any other cross, but once she starts running flat out, like lamping lots of rabbits, the lactic acid builds up. she will run to a stand still till she cramps up. she reminds me a bit like frank bruno,lol....just a little bit too much hard muscle...great for a while, very fast but can only be pushed so far.

get ursen a malamute mate................suite you well and do you proud............ :whistling:

Probably catch more than any of the bullxs ive seen.

so why do want one then ?

Exactly, your claiming the bull x's you have seen are poor but still want one??? Slightly confusing!! A GOOD bull cross is one hell of a dog IMO, there is shite is all crosses.

what i carnt( understand) is why lads are running bullxs on rabbits for, most are heavy muscle type dogs, with heavy fronts, and not best agilty for a 2 lb kin rabbit.?? My last bullx i had 1/4 bull 3/4 grey 26in 70lb, he caught alot of rabbits, but i never pushed him.Whats the point they are (not) a rabbit dog, use them for the right job, and they havnt got to have feckin 30 runs. :wallbash: As most know ive got 1x colliegrey, and he was bred for the rabbit game, and he is Brill at it. Ive got a bullx dog pup 3/8 bull 5/8 grey, and next year he might run the (odd) rabbit, but he was bred for other quarry, and thats what he will do. :yes:

what i carnt( understand) is why lads are running bullxs on rabbits for, most are heavy muscle type dogs, with heavy fronts, and not best agilty for a 2 lb kin rabbit.?? My last bullx i had 1/4 bull 3/4 grey 26in 70lb, he caught alot of rabbits, but i never pushed him.Whats the point they are (not) a rabbit dog, use them for the right job, and they havnt got to have feckin 30 runs. :wallbash: As most know ive got 1x colliegrey, and he was bred for the rabbit game, and he is Brill at it. Ive got a bullx dog pup 3/8 bull 5/8 grey, and next year he might run the (odd) rabbit, but he was bred for other quarry, and thats what he will do. :yes:

if your having a go at me with 30 runs well i go out to try catch as much as i can i dont expect the dog to have to come home half way through the night he will get hammered like this everytime he goes out lamping and he will either get fitter and last a decent ammount of runs or it will be going and never to buy a bull x again.in my eyes people only like the bull x for there gameness not there stamina mine is half saluki grey half bull grey so should be able to go for decent bags of rabbits,so when people say a bull x is a alrounder and can run all night from your wording there obviously not

Take a step back and have a goode hard think mate....wanting a bull x purely coz they are next big thing is a stupid reason to want 1...think of the terrain you,ll be runnin the dog on and what quarry you,ll be pursuing.

Bullx,s are not machines and whatever line you think you may want will have had its fair share of failures.

Check through all the old topics on here and im sure you,ll be able to make your mind up.Just dont jump in without thourghly doing your homework...atb stabba

sound advise that :thumbs:

When u think about it 90% of track greyhounds only run 4 bends and there done for the day. So do u expect the stamina to come from them or the bull. .. At the end of the day Every body expects different things from there dog so as long as it does what the owner wonts what does it matter.. Atb craig

Edited by Craigr2415