school 1970 v 2010

SCHOOL -- 1970 vs. 2010

Scenario:

Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1970 - Crowd gathers. Johnny wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best mates for life.

2010 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark.. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Mark started it. Both children go to anger management programs for 3 months. School board hold meeting to impliment bullying prevention programs

Scenario:

Robbie won't Keep still in class, disrupts other students.

1970 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Headmasterl. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and School gets extra funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :

Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1970 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

20010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Goverment psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario :

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1970 - Mark gets glass of water from Teacher to take aspirin with.

2010 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario :

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Guy Fawkes, puts them in a model airfix paint bottle, blows up an ant's nest.

1970 - Ants die.

2010- Police, Armed Forces, & Anti-terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, MI5 investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario :

Johnny falls while running during break and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary . Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1970 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

This should be sent to every e-mail address to show how stupid we have become!

Think about it!

TO be fair most of that is made up bollocks though isn't it. As for the 'Johnny and Mark have a fist fight' - yes of course every fight in school in the 1970's ended in eternal friendship, bullying and intimidation never hapenned. As for the 2010 answer to that - i work in a school and thats pure shit. And yes if a kid wont sit still in class DO NOt quetion the teaching, the kids learning ability or mental state - just get the head master to smack the shit into him with a stick and job done. :thumbdown: That lot is based on NOTHING other than the ramblings of a nostalgic idiot.

I got it in an email and i like it . my sister is a teacher and cant do Fuxk all , the kids walk all over her. whats wrong with a good old slap with a sliper. and There are far to many kids clases as special needs just because they cant do as there told. Kids have the power to call the police if they get a smake.we give them to much power and they walk over all of us. i should know my daughter now wont even speek to me and has left home. all becose i tried to teach her good ways but the rest of the world taught her something different

When i was a kid in the seventies i remember that some teachers used to beat the crap out of you with a slipper,ruler,cane and in one case a wooden blackboard rubber.Some were just bullies.

These teachers still had kids playing up.

Some teachers treated kids with a little respect,talking to instead of talking at and these few teachers had a class of quiet, interested kids that found stuff interesting because of the way it was taught.

Discipline in kids must start in the home, its the teachers job to teach but its the parents job to instill a few manners and how to behave.

Trust me im not a softy that thinks kids are perfect but i am glad teachers cannot hit kids anymore.

rant over

I got it in an email and i like it . my sister is a teacher and cant do Fuxk all , the kids walk all over her. whats wrong with a good old slap with a sliper. and There are far to many kids clases as special needs just because they cant do as there told. Kids have the power to call the police if they get a smake.we give them to much power and they walk over all of us. i should know my daughter now wont even speek to me and has left home. all becose i tried to teach her good ways but the rest of the world taught her something different

I work in a school in an extremely violent and f****d up area and although the kids can be difficult they are getting the rough end of the deal. Knocking kids about is just a sign that you are not very good at your job in my opinion. Like i said i work in a school in a VERY messed up area, with VERY messed up kids and i am sent the very worst bunch out of the lot to try to work with and i manage it well enough, hardley ever raise my voice and would never resort to violence even if it was an option. 1970 -2010 - different good points, different bad ones, but to hold up the 1970s education system as a paragon of successful teaching and pupil management is complete and utter shit. Pretty much every '2010' fact is totally made up and has maybe happened in one case somewhere in the states if that.

'we give children too much power' . . . . . i mean we should just be able to smack them about every time we dont agree with what they are doing or the way they are doing it? They are children, that they are a f*****g pain in the ass is mostly due to failings in teaching, parenting or society in general.

When i was a kid in the seventies i remember that some teachers used to beat the crap out of you with a slipper,ruler,cane and in one case a wooden blackboard rubber.Some were just bullies.

These teachers still had kids playing up.

Some teachers treated kids with a little respect,talking to instead of talking at and these few teachers had a class of quiet, interested kids that found stuff interesting because of the way it was taught.

Discipline in kids must start in the home, its the teachers job to teach but its the parents job to instill a few manners and how to behave.

Trust me im not a softy that thinks kids are perfect but i am glad teachers cannot hit kids anymore.

rant over

Spot on mate :thumbs: Whatever nostalgic bullshit is churned out there were good and bad kids then and now and good and bad teachers to.

The problem I had was being a single mum and trying to teach my daughter to be good and treat people with respect.

But as soon as she got in to school she coped the other kids and as they had no manners and no respect she soon copyed them.

The teachers were not aloud to discipline

and sent the kids to a class room for an hour were the kids including mine enjoyed not having to do there work and so carrid on being rude. I tried everything with my daughter. Spoke to her nice about why she needs to be good , grounded her, and took things away like poket money but as soon as she got back in school she became like the rest.

I tried changing school but that did nothing. Yes I can teach and control my own child but not everyone elsees .

In the end she followed the rest of the herd, took to drinking and treated me in a way I would not treat dog shxt. I even phoned the police when she started steeling and still got no help.

She left home at 16 but not before bulling me to tears. :cry:

If I could I would go back in time and give her a good old slap . But thanks to today's law I had to sit and take all the shix an till I could take no more.

How can we bring our kids up right if the rest of the country lets them do as they please. kids spend more time at school than at home. So if the is no discipline in school . The kids not only walk over the teachers but over there parents when they get home.

I would agree its not the schools responsibility if it was not the LAW to send are kids to school. But as it is, and they will be there more then here. Schools need to discipline Instead of letting the kids do as they please and undoing all are hard work . and is got nothing to do with beatings. a slap on the ass or hand. I have seen my sister punched and kicked by her kid as she stood there crying. and said. i can hit her back or i am braking the law. my mum hit me. and thank god she did. as i love and respect her far more than my kid dose me .

I work in a school in an extremely violent and f****d up area and although the kids can be difficult they are getting the rough end of the deal. Knocking kids about is just a sign that you are not very good at your job in my opinion. Like i said i work in a school in a VERY messed up area, with VERY messed up kids and i am sent the very worst bunch out of the lot to try to work with and i manage it well enough, hardley ever raise my voice and would never resort to violence even if it was an option. 1970 -2010 - different good points, different bad ones, but to hold up the 1970s education system as a paragon of successful teaching and pupil management is complete and utter shit. Pretty much every '2010' fact is totally made up and has maybe happened in one case somewhere in the states if that.

'we give children too much power' . . . . . i mean we should just be able to smack them about every time we dont agree with what they are doing or the way they are doing it? They are children, that they are a f*****g pain in the ass is mostly due to failings in teaching, parenting or society in general.

:thumbs:

The problem I had was being a single mum and trying to teach my daughter to be good and treat people with respect.

But as soon as she got in to school she coped the other kids and as they had no manners and no respect she soon copyed them.

and sent the kids to a class room for an hour were the kids including mine enjoyed not having to do there work and so carrid on being rude. I tried everything with my daughter. Spoke to her nice about why she needs to be good , grounded her, and took things away like poket money but as soon as she got back in school she became like the rest.

I tried changing school but that did nothing. Yes I can teach and control my own child but not everyone elsees .

In the end she followed the rest of the herd, took to drinking and treated me in a way I would not treat dog shxt. I even phoned the police when she started steeling and still got no help.

If I could I would go back in time and give her a good old slap . But thanks to today's law I had to sit and take all the shix an till I could take no more.

How can we bring our kids up right if the rest of the country lets them do as they please. kids spend more time at school than at home. So if the is no discipline in school . The kids not only walk over the teachers but over there parents when they get home.

I would agree its not the schools responsibility if it was not the LAW to send are kids to school. But as it is, and they will be there more then here. Schools need to discipline Instead of letting the kids do as they please and undoing all are hard work . and is got nothing to do with beatings. a slap on the ass or hand. I have seen my sister punched and kicked by her kid as she stood there crying. and said. i can hit her back or i am braking the law. my mum hit me. and thank god she did. as i love and respect her far more than my kid dose me .

Schools need to discipline??????? Surely it's the fault of the other kids parents? Schools DO discipline, they just dont beat shit into kids. I see kids getting punished everyday, but it has NO effect when their parents have brought them up to not give a shit and be little b*****ds. I just get sick of folk blaming the school - they are YOUR kids, YOU had them, and YOU should be responsible for putting them right. It's an easy cop out to blame the school. Schools very rarely let kids 'do as they please' or if they do its a fairly poor school. . . . . .and as for 'undoing all our hard work' if half the parents did ANY hard work then there wouldnt be half the problem there is.

WELL TO BE HONEST I HAVE 5 KIDS AN 2 NEARLY 3 OV THEM ARE TEENAGERS, AN WEV ALWAYS TOUGHT ARE KIDS NOT 2 BE A SHEEP AN FOLLOW THE FLOCK AND TO RESPECT GROWN UPS, AND YA NO WHAT SO FAR ITS WORKED... :thumbs: