Hare

jasper65

Popped out with the gun through the back hedge into the back field mainly looking for another bunny, Unfortunately this Hare showed himself before trotting on slightly giving me a decent shot from behind.

One .177 field target trophy whistled out of the Air Rangers Barrel and clattered him in the back of the swede!! game over :victory:.....

Jasp

post-251-024614200 1285104304_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a crock of s.h.i.t mate whoopy fecking doo you shot a hare,whats the big deal if you went out for rabbits,im sure anyone on here would of took the shot at anything on the legal list if it was in

Nice one jasper, i have never gone out to look for hare but when the shot has presented itself it has often been taken. Good for you

Hi Jasper.nice clean looking kill. I shot a hare a few weeks ago but didn't put a post up about it as was on another site and some guy was getting abused left right and centre for shooting one with a

Posted Images

Shot Jasper, is he an eater or is he feeding the birds? :D

I would love to eat it Stealthy but have to say the one's I have tried in the past have been pretty gamey and strong, perhaps its just the way the wife cooked them but if there was a good recipe I would give it a try :thumbs:....

It just seems too good to give to the birds! also have no idea why I shot it as I vowed a few years back never to shoot another Hare after I back ended one with the shotty :no:.....

atb Jasp

Excellent shot Jasper :clapper:

Thats the problem with Shotties verses Airgun (watch it fly now) Both are perfect in given applications, but for a Hare, I reckon a single shot is far better than many little shots from a cartridge.

Also saves breaking your teeth on the shrapnel lol

Scuba does an amazing BBQ Hare :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Never tasted such a fine meat.

Phantom

nice shooting mate :thumbs: im sure you can find a nice recipe to do him justice. mr wittingstall has a few for bbq hare. only thing with bbqing rabbit/hare you need to keep coating the meat as you cook cause of the low fat content. make a simple chilly oil marinade, cover the meat in it and leave it in the fridge over night. then light up the coals and enjoy. :thumbs:

Aye

I`m sorry,,but am I missing something ????

Why did you shoot it ?? for a laugh ???,,,just to see if your airgun could kill something that big, no ??

Give us a clue as to why you killed it, if not to eat??

And who are you! some sort of Anti? I have lost count how many Hares I have shot in the past so what do I have to prove? least of all to you?

for starters everything I shoot either ends up in the pot or ends up being fed to Hawks end off! no waste all have a use and none died just to make the Numbers up pal, the fact I shot a Hare or a Rabbit has no consiquence as ALL will serve a purpose...

the answer is simple! my objective was to shoot a Rabbit, the Hare was in Range of which I knew I could stop it with a clean shot! so I took it. the fact I didn't realy set out for a Hare has nothing to do with it, fact is it was shot for a genuine purpose alot cleaner than many I have witnesed shot with Rimmy's and shotguns...

Edited by jasper65
Edited to remove any Naughty Offensive Language

Aye

Why did you shoot it ?? for a laugh ???,,,just to see if your airgun could kill something that big, no ??

may be you read jaspers post wrong or you dont know what your talking about ...as for your comment "just to see if your airgun could kill something that big, no ??"

its easier to shoot a hare with an air rifle than it is a rabbit!! the skull on a hare is no where near as thick as a rabbit making the hare it much easier to kill ....

atb gary

Aye

And who are you! some sort of Anti? I have lost count how many Hares I have shot in the past so what do I have to prove? least of all to you?

for starters everything I shoot either ends up in the pot or ends up being fed to Hawks end off! no waste all have a use and none died just to make the Numbers up pal, the fact I shot a Hare or a Rabbit has no consiquence as ALL will serve a purpose...

the answer is simple! my objective was to shoot a Rabbit, the Hare was in Range of which I knew I could stop it with a clean shot! so I took it. the fact I didn't realy set out for a Hare has nothing to do with it, fact is it was shot for a genuine purpose alot cleaner than many I have witnesed shot with Rimmy's and shotguns...

well said buddy

atb gary

The confusion comes from when you quoted 'it was in range so I took the shot but I was really after a rabbit' also saying 'I have no idea why I shot it'.

It appears that you shot it because it was there. No thought was involved or decision making, you just pulled the trigger.

Making you seem irresponsible and another 'trigger happy shooter'.

It appears like the usual threads, 'I have been shooting all summer and now it is winter I don't know where all the rabbits have gone.'

Not taking a view, just trying to explain how the other chap might have viewed the thread.

Also as a mod, shouldn't you be more reserved in your excessive language?

The confusion comes from when you quoted 'it was in range so I took the shot but I was really after a rabbit' also saying 'I have no idea why I shot it'.

It appears that you shot it because it was there. No thought was involved or decision making, you just pulled the trigger.

It appears like the usual threads, 'I have been shooting all summer and now it is winter I don't know where all the rabbits have gone.'

Not taking a view, just trying to explain how the other chap might have viewed the thread.

No confusion at all! I wonder how many people go out Lamping Rabbits with lets say a Rimmy and a Fox presents itself so the shot is taken? The fact is I originaly went out to shoot a couple of Rabbits for the Hawks expecially for the bird I have in trainning now, just because I happend to mention Rabbits in the original post doesn't mean Rabbits would have been my only quarry! I would also 100% of shot a Woodpigeon, Jay, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Jackdaw if they had also presented themselves as the light was fadeing :doh:...

as for my Language! why do you think the forum has a auto edit facility? Its done the job perfect on my naughty swear words hasn't it, plus I'm sure I'm a big boy now and quite able to use the odd swear word when its called for....

well said buddy

atb gary

Nice one Pal :thumbs:.

I'm sitting here wondering if I am actually on a Hunting forum amongst fellow Hunters :icon_eek:.

I'm sure most just join to chat about Hunting and never get out and do it....

Take Care Bud

Jasp

No confusion at all! I wonder how many people go out Lamping Rabbits with lets say a Rimmy and a Fox presents itself so the shot is taken? The fact is I originaly went out to shoot a couple of Rabbits for the Hawks expecially for the bird I have in trainning now, just because I happend to mention Rabbits in the original post doesn't mean Rabbits would have been my only quarry! I would also 100% of shot a Woodpigeon, Jay, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Jackdaw if they had also presented themselves as the light was fadeing :doh:...

as for my Language! why do you think the forum has a auto edit facility? Its done the job perfect on my naughty swear words hasn't it, plus I'm sure I'm a big boy now and quite able to use the odd swear word when its called for....

I'm sure you are a big boy but it doesn't put the OPEN Forum in a good light.

I'm sure you are a big boy but it doesn't put the OPEN Forum in a good light.

Point taken Richie but I think you'll find worse than this on the forum Mods and all in the past. some things warrant the odd swear word! I'm sure you must have been in the same situation and thought!! WTF is this about :hmm:......