open ticket

can someone shed some light on this one please. a mate of mine as had his firearms cert for just under 3 years and as recently applied for his open ticket, he as got .22r/f on it as well as .17hmr and a 223 c/f hes only ever owned the .22r/f and as only put a bout 800 rounds through it. he sent off last week for a open ticket and it came back with all three rifles open on it like i said hes never shot a .17 or .223 let alone owned one. how could this be.?

I recentley got my ticket opened and I have only had an FAC for about 9 months, on my ticket I have a .22 and 22-250 and a .17hmr, but like your mate at present I only have a .22 although the 22.250 is paid for waiting in the shop for my license to come back from the variation.

My FEO opened my ticket because I have a lot of permission and I kept adding new land, (I have about 7 farms with permission all in about 3000 hectares and a couple of large country houses with lots of land too) for me it was more to do with land than the the guns.

Having said that I have had a SGC for 15 years or more which certainly helps.

But your right it comes down to personalities too, what your local force's take on the legislation is, and what you FEO like. I know its not supposed to work like that, but thats life!

ATB

Jonno

cheers jonno , i know [bANNED TEXT] ur saying but it just dont add up i have the same amount of permission as he as and some of its the same , dont get me wrong hes my best mate only diff is that ive only had my fac for a year but put bearly 3000 rounds through my 22 rim 600 through my 17hmr and 200 through the 223 do ya think i should apply .

I have asked for mine to be opened as well. I have HMR and LR slots filled and an open one for FAC Air. Haven't done a massive amount of shooting in the 7 months I have had FAC but you can but try. My main problem is sorting out land checks - they take forever.

I ask about tis some time ago, if you have reason you can have. Itexplain to me, most small calibre rifle ,22-223/243 most land which is already for shoot, is passed for this calibre. so not many problem for smaller calibre , experiens help also as man say, he have SGc for many years & no problems.Ask, what you loose ?

what you got to tell them is the amount of ammo you use has nothign to do with the safety side of firearms. well shootign the rifle more does give you more guntime with the rifle.

it doesnt mean your any safer. i say this because anyone can go on a range day and blast off lots of rounds, when i asked for open the guy on the phone said ammo is took into account.

i told him how much i had used and he said it didnt seam that much, i then told him it is a fair bit when you think its just vermin shooting and not just sat on a range in one postion allday firing off a number of rounds in the same condition.

at least out in field conditions each shot is never the same. you have to think more. which in my eyes give you alot more to think about with the rifle then a range aver would