rare breed turkeys

ive just bought 2 royal palm turkeys (pair) + 1 ronquire pearl (stag)

i cant seem to find any info online about the ronquire pearl though he is a 5mth old stag pure white single breasted and ive been told he will have a pearl like white colour with a near reflective sheen to his feathers when he reaches maturity.

ive also booked a crotzweiler turkey chick and a slate blue im also looking for a bourbon red and some norfolk blacks for breeding and some for killing

does anyone have any of these rare ornamental turkeys?

and has anyone else noticed people seem to be buying more turkeys than ever this year for rearing to sell at christmas

im predicting a glut of free range turkeys being sold at christmas time by backyard sellers

sire of my royal palms pictured.

post-45924-044259800 1284981218_thumb.jpg

Edited by CarraghsGem

i cant seem to find any info online about the ronquire pearl though he is a 5mth old stag pure white single breasted and ive been told he will have a pearl like white colour with a near reflective sheen to his feathers when he reaches maturity.

ive also booked a crotzweiler turkey chick and a slate blue im also looking for a bourbon red and some norfolk blacks for breeding and some for killing

and has anyone else noticed people seem to be buying more turkeys than ever this year for rearing to sell at christmas

im predicting a glut of free range turkeys being sold at christmas time by backyard sellers

I've 6 bourban reds left from 8 reared chicks. Don't know why they died. Off colour one day, pecked and killed by rest the next!!! Touch and go whether they'll be ready for Christmas but fingers crossed.

My mother has (had) a Trio of Lavender Turkeys.. Well the Turkey stag made a good sparring partner for my Taiwan.. :whistling:

Only the two left now.. :angel:

you'll have to put up some pics of your tiawans.... i used to keep shamos until my main breeding pen was slaughtered by a fox.... lost heart then and sold my remaining birds :cry:

never know..... i might go back into them :hmm:

My mother has (had) a Trio of Lavender Turkeys.. Well the Turkey stag made a good sparring partner for my Taiwan.. :whistling:

Only the two left now.. :angel:

you'll have to put up some pics of your tiawans.... i used to keep shamos until my main breeding pen was slaughtered by a fox.... lost heart then and sold my remaining birds :cry:

never know..... i might go back into them :hmm:

Glad you liked the Tiawan / Shamo pics.. :thumbs:

does anyone know what kind of breed these are or are they your normal bronze turkeys, i got 9 eggs of a kid who has the parents and they dont seem to be as big as normal birds, out of the 9 eggs i got 2 only hatched, i work on a pig unit so ive been feeding them on fatten pig pellet but theses turkeys are around 9wk old ? and i weighed them other day and they were only 7/8 lb, do you think pig pellet wont be good enough and should i get proper turkey pellet for them from now till christmas,

Might seem a bit crude but do the different breeds taste differently? Do you intend to kill for Christmas CarraghsGem?

PS have you seen the notice in 'Important Notices' about the green - country debate in Galway?

Might seem a bit crude but do the different breeds taste differently? Do you intend to kill for Christmas CarraghsGem?

PS have you seen the notice in 'Important Notices' about the green - country debate in Galway?

they taste the same, just have less meat as they are single breasted as opposed to double

breasted like the commercial breeds or meat breeds like norfolk bronze

green country debate? hadnt heard, will check that out now :thumbs:

they look like ordinary bronze.... hens are a lot smaller than stags... id move them onto turkey growers if they were mine

thanks, think ile change them over, just trying to be abit of a tight twat feeding them pig pellet, with our pigs going for bacon around 5mth old, i thought the pig pellet would fatten theses turkeys up no probs, atb

they taste the same, just have less meat as they are single breasted as opposed to double

breasted like the commercial breeds or meat breeds like norfolk bronze

green country debate? hadnt heard, will check that out now :thumbs:

thanks CarraghsGem - hoping to do the multi bird at chrstmas (snipe or pheasant inside a duck inside a goose inside a turkey) and wanted a wild turkey on the outside - any word on that yellows/country debate?