weathering and tuning mole traps

IMG_0069.JPG

These are brand new traps right off the assembly line, with no weathering at all.

I can confirm this i am a professional mole catcher i have used the half barrel for the last 32 years but was introduced to these traps earlier this year and find they work a treat in this cold weather as they fit inside the

mole run so they will not freeze up like the half barrel when we have heavy frost overnight.They also reduce the amount of disturbance to the run its self .

Being a professional mole catcher and have caught moles over the last 32 years I find that most mole traps need to be tuned before use I buy alot of my traps from the flat pack and have to say that they are a well made trap but i still tune them there are about 10 points that need doing.As regards to weathering I have caught many moles with traps straight from the box as long as you set your traps correctly you will catch your traps should be striking just behind the front legs thus causing massive trauma to the chest cavity this will insure instant death to the mole .If you need any help please feel free to pm me or if you want give me a call

Some people just like to think they are the king catchers, when in reality they just sit in the arm chair with there laptop telling people how it's done! For f**k sake, let us see your moles!!! (IN BRAND NEW TRAPS) :wallbash: Tosser.....

You aint got a clue mate :wallbash:
  • 2 weeks later...

Some people just like to think they are the king catchers, when in reality they just sit in the arm chair with there laptop telling people how it's done! For f**k sake, let us see your moles!!! (IN BRAND NEW TRAPS) :wallbash: Tosser.....

All mostly caught with new traps never weather mine,I havent got the time to waste when they are out of the ground I am losing money

post-5621-0-51687000-1294069692_thumb.jpg

post-5621-0-96289600-1294069726_thumb.jpg

post-5621-0-44801400-1294069901_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

IMG_0069.JPG

These are brand new traps right off the assembly line, with no weathering at all.

I can confirm this i am a professional mole catcher i have used the half barrel for the last 32 years but was introduced to these traps earlier this year and find they work a treat in this cold weather as they fit inside the

mole run so they will not freeze up like the half barrel when we have heavy frost overnight.They also reduce the amount of disturbance to the run its self .

were do you buy these from

??????????

I use Duffus traps. Some times i pull the trigger loop towards the traping loop if i think it's a bit far forwards. I don't bother with weathering, i just put them in the ground. I have used ALL new traps before and still caught moles. All a mole is interested in is eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat.

• 4 months later...

I use talpex and duffas traps styles. The Talpex traps I bent the trigger wire down towards the base of the tunnel so its harder to dig under the trap, I also file the end of the trigger pin to make it much more sensitve and easier to set off. When i set the trap I push the legs down into the bottom of the mole run untill the trigger wire touches the bottom of the mole tunnel, I then just back fill the trap with mole hill soil. As soon as the mole gets to the Talpex trap it tries to dig under the trap and sets it off.

Duffas style traps I bend the trigger loops to more of a circle shape, reducing the hight of them a bit. Then play around with the trigger loop hook used to set the trap, I change the angle until I can set the trap very lightly. Again when I set the duffas trap I push the loops down into the bottom of the mole run until the trigger loops touch the base of the tunnel. Then cover the traps with soil.

I used to weather my traps in the compost heap, but I have since realised that it wasn't the traps that needed to be weathered! It was me not setting them right!

I now never weather any mole traps and catch 9/10 moles in the first night!

If you get hard moles to catch bait the traps with a worm!!!