CAN ANYBODY HELP

diggermad

i cant come to you as we are miles apart but ill offer some advice mate 1st get your self an old mountain bike inner tube and cut it into 20mm wide bands

2nd place your longnet on the ground in a field run it all out in a straight line

3rd place a pole in the ground at the start then every 5yds place your poles till you reach the end of your net remember if you have 200 yds of netting then you need to cover 100 yds to give you your bagging.

4th now drop 2 of your bands over each pole.

5th do the head line 1st by half hitching the head line every 90 odd meshes or what ever meshes long your netting is remember to achieve 100% bagging then bring a band up to the underside of your top line and twist and pull it over the top of the pole and push it down to the top of the head line and proceed along the net.

6th repeat this process in reverse for the foot line.

remember to put the 1st and last pole through the meshes and tape them securely and all the other poles only attach to the head and footline.

hope this helps mate i am sure now that i have put this post up other guys and gals on here will give you their way so you will get loads of advice mate and help.

good luck

good advice above, I';; add, check the amount of "bag" you have on your longnet, was you told when you bought it?

the best nets will have 100% bag, ie, a 50yd net will actually be 100yds long, but some nets, if bought from flea bay only have 75% or even 50%

once you know the actual length of your net, you can work out how much bagging goes between each pole

if your lucky and it is 100%, lay the net out as described above, but pull net tight, fix the end of net into a pole pushed into ground, walk your 2nd pole out to say 5yds, grab the net at this position, and with someone holding the top and bottom lines further down the field, pull the net your holding, back to the start, that will give you 100% bagging at your 2nd pole, continue the whole length in this manner,