working wheaten lines

• 2 months later...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two brothers in the picture ,Wheaten Cross both know there game .Black Lad is quiet as lamb with people and other dogs,Grey fella can be dog aggressive and people he isnt fimilar with he has to be wat

Border X Wheaten, first cross. Bit too big for some earths but was game, pic is about 15 yrs ago. I don't post much anymore but reason I'm on this thread is I'm looking for a Wheaten or a X similar to

There still som men out there that will Only keep working Wheaton and are not knowing at all and they will bring it to ground with them Because it's. There old way. The Wheaton is fa

Posted Images

to give you a straight answer, there is still quite a few wheatens in the south that are performing well,although you will probably find it hard to get in touch with any wheaten men,unless you have a very good contact that could make a introduction, even then they still might not be interested in new faces,the men from northern ireland would come down and try to buy ,and even they at times found it hard to do so,and they were well respected dogmen,

Yes I remember when, in order to run dogs at the trials, each entrant was required to be a member of a club that was affiliated to the Working Terrier Federation of Ireland. Despite the rampant prejudice shown against some Northern clubs, we managed, by dint of a rather classy certificate designed by myself I might add, to get ourselves voted into the Fed and were able to run our dogs. Luckily Peter Gorman, like many of the ordinary working terrier men from the south, wasn't afflicted with the same bigotry and allowed us to buy pups and adults off him. I gave a pure wheaten of Peters breeding to my late friend, Tony Dunphy from Waterford, in the early 80's and some of the offspring has come North in later years to consolidate a successful line up here again. There's more that unites us than what divides us in this dog game.

That's one of the best posts I've ever read on here

• Like 1

I shared this link before, I'm not one to argue with it.

Here is a list of many of the Irish Wheaten Terriers from the past with their sire and dam, if known. This list is intended to help provide information. The information below is not the complete list of all Irish Wheaten Terriers. The accuracy of this list is not guaranteed, but rather offered as a guide.http://irishwheaten.com/?p=101

Tried looking for Peter Sinead on that list very funny its not mentioned.
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I shared this link before, I'm not one to argue with it.

Here is a list of many of the Irish Wheaten Terriers from the past with their sire and dam, if known. This list is intended to help provide information. The information below is not the complete list of all Irish Wheaten Terriers. The accuracy of this list is not guaranteed, but rather offered as a guide.http://irishwheaten.com/?p=101

Tried looking for Peter Sinead on that list very funny its not mentioned

Was Peter Sinead bred by Mr Gorman