working wheaten lines

Hello,

Could any one, give me advice on good working lines for wheatens. I understand that i am gonna have to make the trip to ireland for a good'un. Any advice would be really helpful. When i have searched the net all I get is lots about show dogs, not workers.

All the best,

G

• Like 2

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two brothers in the picture ,Wheaten Cross both know there game .Black Lad is quiet as lamb with people and other dogs,Grey fella can be dog aggressive and people he isnt fimilar with he has to be wat

Border X Wheaten, first cross. Bit too big for some earths but was game, pic is about 15 yrs ago. I don't post much anymore but reason I'm on this thread is I'm looking for a Wheaten or a X similar to

There still som men out there that will Only keep working Wheaton and are not knowing at all and they will bring it to ground with them Because it's. There old way. The Wheaton is fa

Posted Images

Hello,

Could any one, give me advice on good working lines for wheatens. I understand that i am gonna have to make the trip to ireland for a good'un. Any advice would be really helpful. When i have searched the net all I get is lots about show dogs, not workers.

All the best,

G

lol yer there are no good working wheatons in the uk

If it's a dog for the traditional work that wheatens have been employed at in Ireland I would avoid anything that looks like this show bred dog.....

galler4.jpg

Here's a proper working type at a country show that I judged about 20 odd years ago....

Picture1193.jpg

And this was my winner at the same show....

Picture1191.jpg

This was my pals big wheaten dog that produced some outstanding foxing lurchers, sadly died a month ago...clipped for the summer....

19-07-08_1438.jpg

Another shot of the type to avoid....Show breds....

g_hoff01.jpg

• Like 7

Brilliant pics, to the last, so i need to make a trip to the republic, no worries, any particular lines i should be looking for. Or counties with a good head of workers? What i am digging at is where to start? Any Irish lads on here with up coming litters?

Thanks for all the replies &

All the best,

G

Well the Diddycye prefix belongs somewhat south of the border but there was that breeding in one of the dogs I posted.

a friend is having a litter early spring, mulben jacko lines pm if you want hes number ,lincolnshire

I have mulben lines most of mine are allready sold What type of wheatons are you after ? they come in all shapes and sizes

Hi guy's,

A medium sized one would be good for my needs, not one of the big'uns. I am a bit confused, the diddycye line, is this a working line? I am only interested in working dogs really so the mulben would not really be my cup of tea. Thanks for the replies.

Best regards,

G