gordan mason

Guest busterdog

I've known Gordon for a fair few years, i've never been out with his dogs but he strikes me as a honest and decent person and if he's happy with what he's been digging to for the last decade or so then who are we to knock em ( a terrierman is only as good as his dogs ) .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes i appreciate that..your right,but all you had to say in your reply to the lad..was the man keeps rough blacks of good standard..as i dont really care who lives down the road from you

Bunny you are entitled to your opinion but you are wrong.I have seen no evidence of better dogs being produced by any strict regimes a lot of them(not all)just breed from two hour wonder dogs.What hav

Posted Images

a very very close friend of mine bought a terrier pup off gordon mason around a decade ago.

now no offence to the man, as i know he is a decent lad.

when i say the terrier was USELESS i mean USELESS. you wouldn't off needed a terrier box to put it in when going hunting, as you could have put this THING into your pocket never mind a box....to be honest you would have thought brian nuttall had breed it never mind gordon mason..........there you go.......MUDD...... :tongue2:

i must be one of the lucky one,s then as i have a bitch bred out of a nuttall bitch and a mason dog that does what is asked of her :thumbs:

well said busterdog but i would try to like to answerthe question in part i believe gordon works blacks to good effect and alo some russell types wich by all accounts get the job done gaging a mans animals from a decade ago his plain crazy and damn ignorance of how far the modern working terriers have come the pro terrier men have strived and will eecept nothing but good working animals anything else his given short shrift these dogs need ta get the job done in quick time

well said busterdog but i would try to like to answerthe question in part i believe gordon works blacks to good effect and alo some russell types wich by all accounts get the job done gaging a mans animals from a decade ago his plain crazy and damn ignorance of how far the modern working terriers have come the pro terrier men have strived and will eecept nothing but good working animals anything else his given short shrift these dogs need ta get the job done in quick time

Gordon is included in my new book Digging The Dirt which will be out in November...There is a full chapter on his life with terriers... Including the terriers behind his line...Lots of quality pictures to go along side the text.

Is it a book on terriermen Pick and Shovel?? Well said Busterdog, a lot of good lads are pulled to bits on here and not on here to defend themselves...:victory:

Yes it is mate...Will be reviewed shortly in the countrymans...Nearly 200 pages and 48,000 words very comprehensive covering 14 terriermen in the first volume, with another two volumes planned...All top digging men.Plenty of quality pictures.

an old picture of a dog i have thats said to be out of mason dogs,hes been a good dog for me i wished i had a kennell full like him cant comment on the man or his dogs as i dont know him.

Pic1674097921.jpg

have just spoken to gordon on the phone as he has no access to the net and even less interest. He has he has never bred a rough coated dog or bitch out of any of his bitches. But he did sayit could possibly be out of one of his dogs and some one elses bitch hope that helps.

Guest eastmids

hello burnie thanks for the reply,i got that dog from a mate of yours who kept some mason gear and apparently dug a bit with him, as far as im aware he bred the dog out of some mason stuff he kept.

in what percentages i could never be sure on so more than likely its as you say,..it just come to me as being out of mason stuff,,

i,ll not refur to it as such again :thumbs: if mr mason wants to know where the dog and info come from i,ll gladly pass on my number.

Edited by eastmids

Is it a book on terriermen Pick and Shovel?? Well said Busterdog, a lot of good lads are pulled to bits on here and not on here to defend themselves...:victory:

Yes it is mate...Will be reviewed shortly in the countrymans...Nearly 200 pages and 48,000 words very comprehensive covering 14 terriermen in the first volume, with another two volumes planned...All top digging men.Plenty of quality pictures.

I got the letter through the post today about the new book, looking forward to it as it looks and sounds good, also gives Darcy some competition...:kiss: , the terriermen mentioned sound reputable except that D.C...king messer...:tongue2: :tongue2: